Fresh Geography Quiz Question

Eltonjohn
Miner

Re: Fresh Geography Quiz Question

Post by Eltonjohn »

After each show, Vancouver audience members walking towards the nearby transit station can find themselves crossing paths with guardians, cast and crew members alike who are hoofing it back to their lodgings; and bunching up altogether as everyone waits for the pedestrian traffic signal to cross the street.

People seem completely unaware that only 20 minutes prior, back in the darkened theatre, they were giving standing ovations to some of the very same folks who they are standing right next to while waiting for the lights to change. Ah, the conjured magic and mystery of musical theatre well done.
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
Eltonjohn
Miner

Re: Fresh Geography Quiz Question

Post by Eltonjohn »

ERinVA wrote:The Victoria Palace is not in Soho.... [and] not actually near the other West End theatres, but in Victoria, across the street from Victoria Station.
So THAT would explain 1) the name of the BETM venue and 2) why I never noticed any BE marquis the last time I visited London (i.e. SoHo), years ago at a time before I ever realized that I could have taken in this great show while I was over there. (However, the one show I did manage to attend, Lion King, was also scored by 'me'.) And I must have exited every Vic tube station exit BUT the one opposite the Vic Palace, else I probably would have remembered seeing BE in lights. Guess I'll just have to get my butt over there again!
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008

Return to “Archive”