Harrison Dowzell's Photo Countdown

April
Audience Member

Re: Harrison Dowzell's Photo Countdown

Post by April »

I'm so sad he is leaving-such a talented Billy and deserves to have the best night of his life. I wish him all the luck for the future, what a star! Why am I currently not sitting in the Victoria Palace watching him!?
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Just wanted to add my own BIG thank you to David for all the time and attention you put into this countdown! And many thanks to Harrison's family for providing some great photos! And finally thank you to Harrison for entertaining thousands of people during his Billy run. I had the great fortune of seeing him a couple of times last May and he was truly AMAZING!

So sorry I cannot be there tonight. All the best Harrison!
maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Thanks for your excellent - as always - photo countdown, David. Harrison had a unique interpretation of Billy which really struck a chord with me. You always felt like he was leaving everything he had on the stage each night with his emotional and passionate style. I feel fortunate to have seen him perform twice.

Glad to hear Harrison and Joe had so many of their long-time friends from the cast in attendance to support them in their final performance. It's certainly an indication of how well thought-of the boys are among their fellow cast members. At the risk of being schmaltzy, I can't help but think of the lyrics from one of my favorite Elton John songs - called "Friends" - which seem appropriate as we say goodbye to two long-time legends of the London show:

It seems to me a crime that we should age
These fragile times should never slip us by
A time you never can or shall erase
As friends together watch their childhood fly

Making friends for the world to see
Let the people know you got what you need
With a friend at hand you will see the light
If your friends are there then every thing's all right

Return to “Cast Leavers & Arrivers - London”