November 2013 Reviews - London

Reviews of the show
thm
Miner

Re: November 2013 Reviews - London

Post by thm »

Wednesday , Nov 27th
Ali, Zach, Dayna
Elliott took over after the interval , as a precaution the stagemanager said, since Ali didn't feel so well. However nobody could tell as he's been fantastic with even a seemingly energetic Angry Dance.
Having been absent for over a year there were many new faces. Most impressive the (for me new) Tony. A good thing, one of them reliably remains the same: Anne Emery as Grandma - what would we do without her ?
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Saturday 30th November

Matinee: Bradley/Freddie/Millie

Evening: Elliott/Zach A/Dayna

Yesterday may well have been Black Friday but today was Golden Saturday and featured two Billys on their amazing journeys up the performance ladder. Even with Christmas less than a month away and the shopping sprees going on in earnest the attendance at both shows was massive. Those who forsook the lure of the high street glitter for Billy were well and truly rewarded and showed their appreciation with standing ovations.

Of course, at Billy every day is Christmas so audiences get one big present plus loads of various sized Christmas stockings as well. It's a treasure trove of sheer delights all presented over three hours. What is more, you don't know what big present (and stockings) you are going to get until the time comes.

The big present at the matinee came in papier d'emballage Francais but I'm willing to bet that nobody would have sussed that unless they'd read the program. Last time I saw Bradley it was only his second show and he wisely didn't push any limits. He has moved on very swiftly and gave us a highly polished and confident performance with some neat unique touches. The Eiffel Tower was so impressed (and proud) that it did a flipover in double quick time.

Later on in the evening those Royal Liver clocks were so taken by Elliott's magnificent show that this time they took off, landed in Birkenhead and will have to be shipped back by ferry 'cross the Mersey.

Really and truly these were two absolutely brilliant performances and there are no limits to what both boys can achieve. We are talking serious talent here and I feel lucky and privileged to be able to watch it all unfold.

Among the Christmas stockings Zach A and Freddie sparkled and shone. Showing such great confidence in their own ability they left no stone unturned in their quest to entertain and succeeded eminently in their own unique ways. Innovation is the name of the game here and regular fans get extra enjoyment from the various mixes that are presented.

Millie and Dayna have never been better and are throwing themselves in heartily every show and extracting the very best from their roles. Their Ballet Girl compatriots are quite magnificent.

Helen French was a superb classic Mrs. W in both shows. It was great to see Deka back after such a long absence but he did the matinee only. The most capable and reliable major stand-in in the entire West End, David Bardsley, took over for the evening. What a diamond he has proved to be all these years.

It has been reported that there is a new air monitoring system installed at the VPT. My understanding is that there are several other monitors (noise, etc.) mounted around the theatre extremities and the new giant tower crane currently being erected next door will have to be inspected and monitored before being granted a certificate of operation. However, there is only one monitor that really counts - and that's the audience. The readings from Saturday's Bradley/Elliott/Zach A/Freddie/Dayna/Millie entertainment spectaculars were logged as 100% Grade A POSITIVE.

Thumbs up and thanks again to all involved. I enjoyed every second of both shows.

Pat
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

patc wrote:It has been reported that there is a new air monitoring system installed at the VPT. My understanding is that there are several other monitors (noise, etc.) mounted around the theatre extremities and the new giant tower crane currently being erected next door will have to be inspected and monitored before being granted a certificate of operation. However, there is only one monitor that really counts - and that's the audience. The readings from Saturday's Bradley/Elliott/Zach A/Freddie/Dayna/Millie entertainment spectaculars were logged as 100% Grade A POSITIVE.

Thumbs up and thanks again to all involved. I enjoyed every second of both shows.

Pat
I knew you wouldn't let me down. :D

Sean
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

Cheers and Thanks, "Ryanair's best customer" for the Saturday reviews,
they are always appreciated " its the way you tell em"

Return to “Reviews - London”