December 2013 Reviews - London

Reviews of the show
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: December 2013 Reviews - London

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thank you everybody for the wonderful reviews. They are greatly appreciated by me and, I'm sure, other Forum members as well.

Regarding the Dream Ballet problems. I feel that these problems have come about since the introduction of the contraption at the side of the stage that operates the cable. It used to be done manually and I feel there was far more control then.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
PartiallyGeorge
Ballet Girl

Post by PartiallyGeorge »

Billy Whiz wrote:Thank you everybody for the wonderful reviews. They are greatly appreciated by me and, I'm sure, other Forum members as well.

Regarding the Dream Ballet problems. I feel that these problems have come about since the introduction of the contraption at the side of the stage that operates the cable. It used to be done manually and I feel there was far more control then.
I didn't know that. When did that happen? Did it coincide with Barnaby and James' leaving the cast?
Whatever is the cause, though, it still doesn't explain why Barnaby managed to spin Billy perfectly centred and why his replacement seems unable to do this - and this is just one element of my lack of satisfaction with how he does his job.
Je suis Charlie.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

OK, London: this is how it should be done. You have half this team now; so there are no excuses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy2nmBYpIY0
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Billy Whiz wrote:Thank you everybody for the wonderful reviews. They are greatly appreciated by me and, I'm sure, other Forum members as well.

David, you may well be right here. Although I didn't mention anything in my 'Review of the Week' there were two occasions when Older Billy had trouble in catching hold of Billy, the second time with Redmand seemed to be the more serious, although the actual reason for the show being stopped for a minute or two wasn't absolutely clear. It has seemed to me that the speed of the wire is too great which means that Billy is travelling quite fast across stage and, as has sometimes happened, Older Billy is not quite in the correct position to catch hold of Billy. The speed of the wire is, presumably, controlled by the person working the 'new machine'. The problem, therefore, might not be with Older Billy, but with the 'controller of the wire'. Certainly something needs to be done to rectify matters as no one would wish to see an accident take place.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

kport wrote:OK, London: this is how it should be done. You have half this team now; so there are no excuses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy2nmBYpIY0
Maybe they should import Max Baud there too :p

Return to “Reviews - London”