Theatre is Alive & Well in the West End

Chat about other shows here
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Theatre is Alive & Well in the West End

Post by porschesrule »

According to this article in the Daily Mail, more tickets to shows in the West End were sold last year than any previous year. Surprisingly, BETM isn't listed as one of the top grossing shows.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -King.html
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Theatre is Alive & Well in the West End

Post by kport »

I am not entirely surprised the BETM does not quite make that list. The theatre, at 1550 seats, is not as large as some. Over the past year I have noticed an increase in empty seats at some performances. It is still drawing in comfortable numbers, but it is not playing to near capacity as it once was. I do not think people are tiring of it; I think the general 'construction site' feel to the area puts tourists off from venturing to that area. 'Wicked' seems to escape that problem.

Things will improve in the summer, and as that area gets cleaned up.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

kport wrote:Things will improve in the summer, and as that area gets cleaned up.
I'm hoping to be there in mid to late June. Any word on whether things will be starting to look less like a construction zone by then ?
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

Todd wrote:
kport wrote:Things will improve in the summer, and as that area gets cleaned up.
I'm hoping to be there in mid to late June. Any word on whether things will be starting to look less like a construction zone by then ?

I think it will take more than a few months before the area starts to look less like a building site, much more!!

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - UK”