Carry Tefsen and Sylvia Alberts - grandma

DenP
Small Boy

Carry Tefsen and Sylvia Alberts - grandma

Post by DenP »

Today it has been announced that the role of grandma will be shared by Carry Tefsen and Sylvia Alberts: http://www.billyelliot.nl/nieuws/nieuws ... ly-elliot/

Source: http://www.billyelliot.nl
Zweaplight
Tall Boy

Re: Carry Tefsen and Sylvia Alberts - grandma

Post by Zweaplight »

I translated the article as best as I could. English is not my mother tongue, and translating is rather hard to be honest. If you find any mistakes, please feel free to correct me.
Carry (Tefsen) will be playing the grandmother of Billy Elliot in the eponymous show. Tefsen shares the roll with actress Sylvia Alberts. Billy's grandmother is a funny, stubborn and sometimes a somewhat absentminded lady. Billy Elliot the Musical can be exclusively seen in the AFAS Circustheater from the 4th of November (this year) in The Hague, the premier will be on Sunday the 30th of November.

Carry Tefsen
Carry got famous because of here role as Mien Dobbelsteen in de television show Zeg 'ns Aaa. She was, earlier, part of other theatre shows like Oliver, Anatevka, Irma La Douce, De Jantjes, Roosie Sien, en de theatre shows of Zeg 'ns Aaa. Last season, Carry could be seen in the musical Flashdance. She was also part of Vrouwenvleugel, Kees & Co, Oppassen, Baantjer, 't Schaep met de 5 Pooten, 't Vrije Schaep, 't Spaanse Schaep, en most recently in the remake of 't Schaep in Mokum. Films Carry took part in are Wat Zien Ik?!, Blue Movie and Keetje Tippel. Aside of here busy existence, Carry works as a painter of art. In 2012 she was regally awarded and has been knighted a Knight of the Order of Oranje Nassau.

Sylvia Alberts
In 1968 plukte Ramses Shaffy Sylvia van de Kleinkunst Akademie en werd ze samen met Ramses een onderdeel van Shaffy Chantate. (this sentence is according to me not correct so I won't translate it, maybe someone knows what this is about?). Since that show the Shaffy Theatre was a fact. In theatre, she was part of En nu naar bed, The Rocky Horror Show, De Club, De Gebochelde van de Notre Dame, De Jantjes, Dirty Dancing, Het Huis van Bernarda Alba and The Full Monty. She also played in the cabaret show Moeder Geef Me Nog Eens Raad, De Vuile Wasch, and (the show she co-founded) TekstPierement. Sylvia also sung the summer hits De Gidsen, Zing nog eens Louisette and Ode aan Ramses Shaffy. On television, she was a regular singer on Zomaar een Zomeravond and she also played the role in de television drama show Rare Vogels and other various music shows. Recently, she played a guest role in Ik ook van jou, en Familie Kruys and in the films De Vergeten Zuster en Een Scherzo Furioso.

Billy Elliot worldwide
The musical Billy Elliot is based on the Oscar nominated film from 2000, and is worldwide being produced by Universal Stage Productions, Working Tile Films and Old Vic Productions. In 2005 the musical Billy Elliot premiered in London and is still being played for full theatres in West End. Since the start of the musical worldwide, more than 9.5 million people saw it on Broadway, in Sidney, Melbourne, Chicago, Toronto and Seoul. The North American tour started in 2010 and ended in 2013 with a three weeks in Sao Paulo in Brazil. That was also the first time Billy Elliot was performed in South America. Over 70 boys performed in the role of Billy and some of them even performed at Buckingham Palace and the White House. The music is written by Elton John, the script and sons are written by Lee Hall and the director is Stephen Daldry. The choreography is taken care of by Peter Darling and the decor is designed by Ian Macneal. Associate director is Julian Webber, costumes are designed by Nicky Gillibrand, light is designed by Rick Fisher and sound by Paul Arditte. Musical Supervision and orchestrations are done by Martin Koch.

Now there's a part about the story of Billy Elliot, but I have a feeling most of you guys on here know what it is about.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for your help so that we non-Dutch speakers have an idea of what's going on, Lukas.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I have now made separate threads for Carry Tefsen and Sylvia Albert.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Cast - Netherlands”