4th Birthday Show

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: 4th Birthday Show

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks for the review aimeewill_2002.

A few more pics before I catch my train home.

George popping his head out from behind the curtain

The fabulous Markham Ballet Girls with Oliver (Small Boy) and Nick (Tall Boy)

Julian Webber and Lee Hall
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
scottyboy
Small Boy

Post by scottyboy »

Superb show some great pics BW
Sam x4 Hogan x2 Fox x12 Layton x2 Brad x6 Tanner x3 Tom x9 Ollie x7 Dean x5 Rhys x2
MrWestEnd
Ballet Girl

Post by MrWestEnd »

Billy Whiz wrote:Thanks for the review aimeewill_2002.

A few more pics before I catch my train home.

George popping his head out from behind the curtain

The fabulous Markham Ballet Girls with Oliver (Small Boy) and Nick (Tall Boy)

Julian Webber and Lee Hall

Great photod BillyWhiz!!!
Sure does look like a young Colin!
"Merry Christmas Maggie Thatcher, We all celebrate today, Cause it's one day closer to your death" - Billy Elliot the musical - Merry Christmas Maggie Thatcher

"Do you think the wizard is dumb? Or like munchkins so small minded?" - Wicked - The Wizard and I
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Just to be contrary in that last pic looks a whole like the Victoria curtain to me! (Cheeky George...hehe)

Steven
aimeewill_2002
Tall Boy

Post by aimeewill_2002 »

That was so funny both Grorge and Ollie nearly got flattened by the curtain

great pictures BW :D
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Yes, Ollie is definitely a MINI-COLIN look-a-like!! :D

That picture of Julian Webber and Lee Hall could scare young children!! :o :o
dwallen
Small Boy

Post by dwallen »

This was my 25th show and lived up to all my expectations and more. We had it all last night - a birthday, a new Billy and the 1700 performance. There was even a new programme with Ollie in it from the start.

The Victoria Palace was full of expectation as the show started. I wonder how many in the audience had not known about the special ocassion before they arrived at the Theatre. It was a nice touch to be given the 'Birthday badges' which I think most people wore.

The show itself was brilliant and the whole cast gave their all (as indeed they have always done for 4 magical years). Then there was Ollie, the new Billy, who received a round of applause as soon as he came onto the stage and from then on looked as though he had been playing the part for many months. Although the Stage Manager was on hand to help Ollie if things went wrong he was not needed at all. Such a professional with such talent in many areas. I was particularly impressed by his acting skills. He spoke the lines so clearly and with perfect expression. Expressing Yourself was very funny and you could tell that he and George were very comfortable working together for the first time. Annabelle also worked well with Ollie and the rest of the ballet girls gave him a suitable 'hard time' during the ballet school scenes - he certainly got pushed around!

There were several partial and full standing ovations throughout the show - everyone was entering into the spirit of the ocassion.

Ollie put tremendous effort and energy into the angry dance and was always in the right place at the right time. At the end of it he showed his disdain for the world around him and the audience in particular.

The ballet scene was very well executed by both Ollie and Barnaby. They were together throughout and Ollie rose up as high as any Billy I have seen. It is the first time I have seen a standing ovation at the end which was very well deserved.

I enjoyed Electricity which was a street version similar to that used by Fox (as was said above). The board flip went well and the applause at the end was loud and sustained.

The Finale brought the house down (almost literally) with explosions and coloured paper falling from the roof leaving the stage littered with colour and some flowers.

And so ended another fabulous evening at the VP - and we also saw the birth of another great Billy. Ollie joins the ranks of great Billys that have entertained so many over the past 4 years. We can only speculate on what the next 4 years will bring. Can't wait for the next time I visit the VP.
67 wonderful shows
21 marvellous Billys
Travis, Sam, Layton, Corey, Josh, Hogan, Fox, Brad, Tom, Tanner, Ollie, Dean, Rhys, Scott, Ryan, Josh Baker, Adam, Harris and Kaine, Harrison and Tade
2 First Nights - Ollie and Dean-Charles
8 Last Nights - Layton, Hogan, Brad, Fox, Tom, Ollie, Scott and Dean.
6 Anniversaries - 4th, 5th plus the second 5th Anniversary (May 12th 2010), 6th (March 2011) 7th (May 12th 2012) 8th (May 11th 2013)
1 Gala Night - May 30th 2012 - celebrating 7th Anniversary and 3,000 show.
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

Great Review..thankyou :)
x
sfo
George

Post by sfo »

great review dwallen
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

StevenKing wrote:Just to be contrary in that last pic looks a whole like the Victoria curtain to me! (Cheeky George...hehe)

Steven
It is the Victoria curtain. :? :? :?
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Reviews Archive”