September 2009 - UK Reviews

bubsycm
Debbie

Re: September 2009 - UK Reviews

Post by bubsycm »

Nice reviews everyone.

Alex, after your review i realised i didn't meet you! There's still so many people i don't know.

Ok, a couple of things-

It was understudy Tony on Sat night... actually he's not listed as an understudy or alternate Tony in the prog but he always seems to play him when Craig's off, which confuses me. Tim funnell, by the way.

Annabelle is the only Debbie who says the 'now he just gets pissed' line. She's said it the whole time, but the others always say alcoholic. I'm not sure why it's different for her, I agree that it's not as funny.

Erm.. that's it. And I like your Indy references :lol:
Charlotte x
Alex
Ballet Girl

Post by Alex »

bubsycm wrote:Nice reviews everyone.

Alex, after your review i realised i didn't meet you! There's still so many people i don't know.

Ok, a couple of things-

It was understudy Tony on Sat night... actually he's not listed as an understudy or alternate Tony in the prog but he always seems to play him when Craig's off, which confuses me. Tim funnell, by the way.

Annabelle is the only Debbie who says the 'now he just gets pissed' line. She's said it the whole time, but the others always say alcoholic. I'm not sure why it's different for her, I agree that it's not as funny.

Erm.. that's it. And I like your Indy references :lol:
Heya Bubsycm! :D Same here - there's a lot of people I should've spoken to on Saturday. I tend to run around after Nikkie and she introduces me where necessary . . . but it's not a tactic that always works!

Oh, Tony understudy . . . I've not been for an insane amount of time, so I have no idea who is who these days! I shall change it . . . *locates the Edit button* He was very good, anyway. And I thought I'd done my research properly! :oops:

Hmm, as long as Annabelle is the only Debbie who says it, I don't actually mind quite so much. It isn't as funny, but performers being flexible with their lines is something I wholeheartedly support. Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, they come up with something that simply works better.

Thank you! :D I'm planning on re-watching the series at some point this week, which is why they're in there!
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."

Pratchett.
bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

Tues 29th Sept

Brad
Jake
Fleur
Tall Boy Thomas
Small Boy- new!

A few sentences about tonight.

Such an amazing show.
Brad was just awesome.
His Angry Dance is so 'pretty' ( :D ) and so powerful.
Electricity gave me palpitations :lol: Was magnificent.
He almost fell on top of Mrs W after Born to Boogie but styled it out nicely haha!
It looked like Barnaby almost kicked Brad in the face during Dream Ballet.
The finale was sheer joy.

SOOO happy Brad was on! Need to see him again now....

Oh, and there's a new programme.
Charlotte x
han25
Small Boy

Post by han25 »

bubsycm wrote:Oh, and there's a new programme.
ooohh :) whats it like???
Billy : Matthew x1 Trent x1 Layton x2 Ollie x3 Tom x3 Tanner x2 Brad x1 Dean x1
Michael : Shaun x4 George x3 Lewis x1 Jake x3 Connor x1 Connor K x1 Joe x1
Debbie : Leyci x2 Scarlet x2 Alicia x1 Annabelle x1 Fleur x4 Francesca x4

31/3/10- One of the best nights of my life...

bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

han25 wrote:
bubsycm wrote:Oh, and there's a new programme.
ooohh :) whats it like???
The photos in the middle have changed- just has current cast now. The pics are bigger and there's not as many.
There's also a 'Hall of Fame' with a photo of every UK Billy.
Photos of Michaels and Debbies have changed.
Seemed to be less whole page photos? I didn't actually buy it so this is from memory :?
Tanner's gone.. :cry:
Charlotte x
Bungie
Small Boy

Post by Bungie »

busbycm. I don't think the "pissed" line as used by Annabelle is funny at all. It sits uncomfortably with me, and seems out of context with the lead up (deputy manager/redundant). I don't think it drew many (if any) laughs, but hey, lets not detract from Annabelle's overall performance which was very good.
Alex
Ballet Girl

Post by Alex »

Bungie wrote:busbycm. I don't think the "pissed" line as used by Annabelle is funny at all. It sits uncomfortably with me, and seems out of context with the lead up (deputy manager/redundant). I don't think it drew many (if any) laughs, but hey, lets not detract from Annabelle's overall performance which was very good.
I don't like it either. It isn't half as funny as 'now, he's an alcoholic'. But if she's happy with it as a performer, and the production company are happy with it, then I don't really see it as a massive problem. If she's got that instinct now, I imagine she'll carry it onto any other productions she's in. And with any luck, she'll get better at it, resulting in a more natural performance. Sometimes, following the script doesn't feel right for actors, and they should be permitted some room to manouvre.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."

Pratchett.
bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

Not sure if this has been posted?-

http://www.theatrefixblog.co.uk/?p=230
Charlotte x

Return to “Reviews Archive”