Today I'm Mostly Listening To

MDB
Tall Boy

Re: Today I'm Mostly Listening To

Post by MDB »

Muppet wrote:I would love to play the sax, if only I had the time and patience! :?
Was quite hard teaching myself whilst stationed in Germany.....I did manage to play the Pink Panther theme one night walking across the Parade square to the horror of the Regimental Guard Sgt....The squaddie in me took over and I sold it as I could not keep up the payments !
Just one of my musical claims.
UBIQUE
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Muppet wrote:I would love to play the sax, if only I had the time and patience! :?
Very similar to the Clarinet. In fact, I would go as far as saying that if you could master the sax, you could end up playing, Soprano, alto, tenor and bass saxaphones and Clarinet too.
You could become your own band! ;)
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

A bit like Oboe and Cor Anglais
Atm.. i'm just stuck with Oboe (well not stuck, i do love it!), but would love to play the Cor too, eventually! Gorgeous instrument :) Also Bassoon...
x
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

chocchipcookie26 wrote:A bit like Oboe and Cor Anglais
Atm.. i'm just stuck with Oboe (well not stuck, i do love it!), but would love to play the Cor too, eventually! Gorgeous instrument :) Also Bassoon...
x
I don't disagree with you chocchipcookie but the range of sax's and clarinets have a very similar size and shaped reed to get your moth around. The reed for the beautiful oboe and cor are much more petite in comparrison and (if I remember rightly) are they not a double split reed where as the reed on sax and clarinet is a single reed vibrating against a metal or composite shaft.. I appreciate that they are part of the same family.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Crikey we do have a talented musical bunch on here!

I just got another Michael Buble CD through the post off Amazon tonight. Will look forward to listening to that.
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Ahh i love Michael Buble :D Some of the only 'modern' music i do like xD But i guess it's pretty different from most in the charts...love Mika too :)
x
MDB
Tall Boy

Post by MDB »

Muppet wrote:Crikey we do have a talented musical bunch on here!

I just got another Michael Buble CD through the post off Amazon tonight. Will look forward to listening to that.
Did I mentioned I played the Cello With Julian L W at the Alfred Beck in Hayes when I was 13?
UBIQUE
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

MDB wrote:

Did I mentioned I played the Cello With Julian L W at the Alfred Beck in Hayes when I was 13?
Sounds like we've got the makings of a BETM Forum Band. How about it? :lol:
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

burtond wrote:
MDB wrote:

Sounds like we've got the makings of a BETM Forum Band. How about it? :lol:
Well they've got Billy Youth Theatre.

How about a Billy Forum Theatre? We could put on our own show!
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Did i mention i've sung under Richard Hickox? ...wait..you may not have heard of him unless you're in the classical music profession... ok.. well it is pretty impressive really :) If i do say so myself :S God i sound up myself now xD Sorry.. i'm not really.. i was just copying MDB..now i'm digging a hole. I'm just gonna shut up now :)
x

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”