November 2009 Reviews - London

patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: November 2009 - Reviews

Post by patc »

JohnH wrote:Don't worry Pat, I'll be there to bolster the numbers this week. :D
Excellent, John. However, due to the big weekend coming up I won't be flying over 'til the Friday afternoon this week and some of the other regulars may/will miss out for the same reason.

Don't forget to have an ice cream (or three) to keep Mary's sales figures up :D

Pat
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

patc wrote: due to the big weekend coming up I won't be flying over 'til the Friday afternoon
I didn't know you all celebrated the Thanksgiving holiday there too ! ;)
Bungie
Small Boy

Post by Bungie »

Tuesday 24th. November 2009. Fox Connor Francesca Another wonderful, wonderful show, before a very appreciative audience. Fox was at his best,with an energetic display of dancing, yet a touching portrayal of Billy and his inner turmoil. Connor was absolutely hilarious and had the audience "going",whilst Francesca,from the moment she appeared on the stage, was quite simply Debbie.She was great. Joe, Craig , (such emotion and conflict between the pair), Joanna (what a Mrs. W), David, Grandma,Mr.B, and of course the wonderful Ballet Girls, if I have missed anyone out, I apologise. The whole cast lived up to the reputation the show has quite rightly earned.
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by JohnH »

Saturday 28th - Evening

Billy: Fox
Michael: Connor
Debbie: Annabelle

A fantastic & emotional show! Here's a little sneak preview:

And a final farewell from Connor :(

James.R
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by James.R »

I think one of THE most emotional shows I've seen in a very long time.

Annabelle had attitude and michief ousing out of every flirt, insult and pout and bounded out of the cubicle last night with an expression that read ..Right! This final time he's gonna accept!

Connor bounced around the stage Tiggalike with an energy and fun that had everyone in stitches. His trademark facial elasticity seemed to fill the stage...and even to the last fraction of a second as the curtain fell for the final time you can tell he had had the time of his life during his run with family and friends in full support.

I think every last ballet troupe last night should come with a warning for Billys....you are going to be kicked..and kicked...and shoved..and hit...oh and did I mention kicked? You are advised to wear extra padding! Well done to all the girls.... on stage and off. You lifted the roof and would bring abject terror to any teacher.

There will be many detailed reviews but the flash news is that Billy is clearly reducing it's carbon footprint and the RBS apparently have gone paperless as their letter must have arrived by email last night! (Well done Fox for the quick thinking..)

ilovefoxjacksonkeen
Tall Boy

Post by ilovefoxjacksonkeen »

jamie.r wrote:I think one of THE most emotional shows I've seen in a very long time.

Annabelle had attitude and michief ousing out of every flirt, insult and pout and bounded out of the cubicle last night with an expression that read ..Right! This final time he's gonna accept!

Connor bounced around the stage with an energy and fun that had everyone in stitches. His trademark facial elasticity seemed to fill the stage...and even to the last fraction of a second as the curtain fell for the final time you can tell he had had the time of his life during his run with family and friends in full support.

I think every last ballet troupe last night should come with a warning for Billys....you are going to be kicked..and kicked...and shoved..and hit...oh and did I mention kicked? You are advised to wear extra padding! Well done to all the girls.... on stage and off. You lifted the roof and would bring abject terror to any teacher.

There will be many detailed reviews but the flash news is that Billy is clearly reducing it's carbon footprint and the RBS must have gone paperless as their letter must have arrived by email last night! (Well done Fox for the quick thinking..)

How did Fox sort out the situation?
Billy Elliot <3
08/8/09- Fox
14/8/09 - Ollie
19/9/09- Fox
17/10/09- Fox
06/11/09- Fox
12/12/09- Fox
24/1/10 - Ollie
27/3/10- Fox
Fox Jackson-Keen! <3
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

ilovefoxjacksonkeen wrote:
jamie.r wrote:There will be many detailed reviews but the flash news is that Billy is clearly reducing it's carbon footprint and the RBS must have gone paperless as their letter must have arrived by email last night! (Well done Fox for the quick thinking..)
The envelope, which was not sealed, looked like it had been grabbed from somewhere at the last moment as it was very scrumpled. It had no address or stamp on the front and as jamie.r has already pointed out no letter inside. When Billy bends down to read "Billy Elliot is queer" Fox looked at the envelope and then took another couple of steps forward as if saying "I can't read it from here". After that Fox and Craig both carried on as if the letter was inside the envelope. I did notice Fox's trademark grin a couple of times though.

I managed to get a few words with Craig Gallivan after the show and I asked him about the letter. He said that the preparation of the letter had been forgotten about. :oops: Oh the joys of live theatre.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
James.R
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by James.R »

="ilovefoxjacksonkeen
He just hid the letter while he opened the empty hand addressed (I think it just said "Billy")envelope behind the bed and coming down just put everything in the bin. Tony however had a bit more difficulty... and just peered in.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

More photos later but here is one of Connor with his last wave

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ilovefoxjacksonkeen
Tall Boy

Post by ilovefoxjacksonkeen »

are there anymore pictures of Fox from that night?
Billy Elliot <3
08/8/09- Fox
14/8/09 - Ollie
19/9/09- Fox
17/10/09- Fox
06/11/09- Fox
12/12/09- Fox
24/1/10 - Ollie
27/3/10- Fox
Fox Jackson-Keen! <3

Return to “Reviews Archive”