Currently I am reading....

billyforlife
Tall Boy

Re: Currently I am reading....

Post by billyforlife »

The new Dan Brown book, "The Lost Symbol" just came out, YAY :D :D :D

Then I have to read "A Room Of One's Own" by Virginia Woolf for my Literature class.....I read the first 3 pages and fell asleep and haven't been able to bring myself to keep going :lol:
It's an essay! A 200 page friggen essay!!! gah! :shock: :evil:
"She must have been a very special woman..."
"No, she was just me mam."

Melbourne: Josh D, Josh WG
Broadway: Peter, Dayton
London: Harris, Redmand, Ali x3
Alex
Ballet Girl

Post by Alex »

billyforlife wrote: Then I have to read "A Room Of One's Own" by Virginia Woolf for my Literature class.....I read the first 3 pages and fell asleep and haven't been able to bring myself to keep going :lol:
It's an essay! A 200 page friggen essay!!! gah! :shock: :evil:
It is evil, isn't it? I had to read it last year for my English lecture. Distinct lack of conspiracy, excitement and elves dressed in skimpy armour! It was never gonna work for me. :)
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."

Pratchett.
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by JohnH »

Just finished re-reading the 'Cherub' series including the new one 'Brigands MC' (in 6.5 days!). I am totally addicted to this series and I'm really sad to hear that there will only be one more book. :( I'm going to give the 'Henderson's Boys' a go next week.
Alex wrote:Will definitely have to catch up with Brigands MC. Which Cherub agents does he focus on this time?
Alex, it still mostly focuses on James & Lauren but we also get a totally new Cherub called Dante who joined the same time as Lauren. I wondered how the author was going to pull this off as Dante hasn't been mentioned in any of the other books. I won't spoil it for everyone but its very clever. ;)
Jabka
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jabka »

Just finished James Patterson - Kiss the girls

Alex Cross story about 2 serial killers and him trying to identify them and catch them.
Ruth
23/05/07 the day Billy danced into my life :D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

I love James Patterson's books! And that genre in general.

I'm also into spy stuff. Currently reading State of the Union by Brad Thor.
hammy
Ballet Girl

Post by hammy »

JohnH wrote:Just finished re-reading the 'Cherub' series including the new one 'Brigands MC' (in 6.5 days!). I am totally addicted to this series and I'm really sad to hear that there will only be one more book. :( I'm going to give the 'Henderson's Boys' a go next week.
Alex wrote:Will definitely have to catch up with Brigands MC. Which Cherub agents does he focus on this time?
Alex, it still mostly focuses on James & Lauren but we also get a totally new Cherub called Dante who joined the same time as Lauren. I wondered how the author was going to pull this off as Dante hasn't been mentioned in any of the other books. I won't spoil it for everyone but its very clever. ;)

6.5 days! That's impressive.
I love the Cherub series and hope he continues after James leaves and hopefully focus on Lauren and other characters.
The Henderson's Boys books are good but they don't have the cherub campus in the first two (i believe it will start in the third) but i really enjoyed them.
Leon 2/05/07, Josh 28/12/07, Corey 16/06/08, Corey 12/07/08, Layton 28/08/08, Tanner 27/12/08, Fox 4/07/09, Tom 15/08/2009, Tom (5th Anniversary show) - 31/3/2010, Rhys 21/10/10
ilovefoxjacksonkeen
Tall Boy

Post by ilovefoxjacksonkeen »

im reading miles to go by miley cyrus (:
Billy Elliot <3
08/8/09- Fox
14/8/09 - Ollie
19/9/09- Fox
17/10/09- Fox
06/11/09- Fox
12/12/09- Fox
24/1/10 - Ollie
27/3/10- Fox
Fox Jackson-Keen! <3
bexta007
Small Boy

Post by bexta007 »

I am still reading son of a witch by Gregory Maguire :o this book has taken me forever to read :roll: got to finish it this week :!:
ilovefoxjacksonkeen
Tall Boy

Post by ilovefoxjacksonkeen »

im reading my billy elliot programe haha
Billy Elliot <3
08/8/09- Fox
14/8/09 - Ollie
19/9/09- Fox
17/10/09- Fox
06/11/09- Fox
12/12/09- Fox
24/1/10 - Ollie
27/3/10- Fox
Fox Jackson-Keen! <3
Alex
Ballet Girl

Post by Alex »

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Meant to have done it for Tuesday. It contains twelve of these adventures, and I'm halfway through the first one. Think I may have to do a reading marathon tomorrow . . . :? And what annoys me is that it's practically certain that the lecturer will focus on just ONE story!

Still, I'm liking it so far. Think it's gonna get a bit tiresome after 12 stories though . . . you have to admit, the way he solves mysteries is a tad ridiculous.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."

Pratchett.

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”