Currently I am reading....

Alex
Ballet Girl

Re: Currently I am reading....

Post by Alex »

hammy wrote: Yep that's The General, Brigands M.C the latest book is the one after that so your not really behind (unless you count Hendersons Boys is the prequels of the Cherub books). It's 400 pages (more then the last few) which is nice. There's only one more after this though:( . It's a very good book, i can always settle into a cherub book so easily.

Oh and the darkside has cake mewhahaha. I haven't gelt the urge to re-read the HP series yet.

I read "Stolen" which is an amazing young adult book.
:O I LOVE Alex Shearer books!! The Stolen is the one about the body-stealing witches, isn't it? With the young red-headed girl who likes Annie? Gotta get hold of another copy of that - my own one went missing some time ago, along with one of my other Alex Shearer books. Only got one left now . . . :(

Will definitely have to catch up with Brigands MC. Which Cherub agents does he focus on this time?

I was told that the darkside had cookies, but I prefer cake . . . :D Mmmmm, cake . . . although why I am thinking about cake when I have eaten my weight in chocolate biscuits today is slightly beyond me.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."

Pratchett.
tzwicky
George

Moby Dick

Post by tzwicky »

I'm kinda getting around to my high school reading list .... a bit late.

Seeing as I've been reading "Catcher in the Rye" since the last presidential election day (I feared standing in line for 20 hours with nothing to do), I can't actually "read" another book at the same time. I read about half of "Catcher" the other day at Midas.

So while I drive in circles all day, I listen to books on CD.

In this case, it's 18 CDs.

Sometimes, when it takes about 20 miles of driving to get through just a few minutes of the book's time, I realize my eyes would have bled if I ever tried to actually sit and read a book this ... well, it's entertaining, but a bit w-o-r-d-y.

It helps a lot that one of the best book readers in the world (other than Jim Dale :D :D :D ) is reading the book .... that being Frank Muller [RIP Frank].

So, Frank is making Herman palatable to this "tardy" high school reading list student.

tzwicky
bexta007
Small Boy

Post by bexta007 »

Son of a witch
Gregory maguire
:D
Im hoping its gonna be as good as the first !!!
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Just finished 'A Voice in the Distance' which was a sequel to 'A Note of Madness' by Tabitha Suzuma.

A great read. Very sad though!
*Lottie*
Tony

Post by *Lottie* »

'Emma' Jane austen
Charlotte

The Musical Vs The Film - " there's more depth & passion to it" - Scott Mckenzie 9.3.11
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Just finished 'Taming The Tiger' by Tony Anthony. Very inspirational. 8-)

About to start 'Nicholas Nickleby' by Charles Dickens
be inspired_*
Small Boy

Post by be inspired_* »

I am going to start reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley soon. It's another book I have to read for my English literature class.
Lauren_*
13/04/06-Leon Cooke
24/08/06-Colin Bates
22/11/06-Liam Mower
22/09/07-Layton Williams
29/03/08-Sam Angel
12/05/09-Ollie Gardner
Alex
Ballet Girl

Post by Alex »

Just getting stuck into a rather marvellous collection of Lovecraft tales (among which is the rather legendary Call of Cthulhu, which I'm very much looking forward to!). Lovecraft's style is marvellous - reminds me of HG Wells - and his imagination is really rather disturbing. Which is good! Liking so far! :D
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."

Pratchett.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Aha! An HP Lovecraft fan!!!! :P I used to teach his stories in a Science Fiction and Fantasy mini-course that we had at my school for a while. Truly creepy and fun. Great for the "ewww" factor. 8-)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Alex
Ballet Girl

Post by Alex »

ERinVA wrote:Aha! An HP Lovecraft fan!!!! :P I used to teach his stories in a Science Fiction and Fantasy mini-course that we had at my school for a while. Truly creepy and fun. Great for the "ewww" factor. 8-)
It's good, isn't it! I wish I'd been in that Science Fiction and Fantasy class of yours . . . be a lot more interesting than some of the utter rubbish we had to read this year. (I mean, Riddley Walker?! What WAS the writer thinking??)

Alongside Lovecraft (because I like to have 2 on the go) I'm reading Pratchett's The Science of Discworld II. It's a clever book, co-written with Ian Stewart and Jack Cohen. Every chapter with an odd number is the discworld story, and every chapter with an even number is a bit about the base science used in the previous chapter (if that makes sense . . . it does in my head, but then again, so does Star Wars . . .) Anyway, the main problem with this format is that I end up getting a tad confused. In one of the Cohen/Stewart chapters, they stated that the most naturally gifted mathematician of the 19th century was a bloke called Poincaré. I thought 'No he wasn't! It was a camel!' before realizing that the aforementioned camel was a character in Pratchett's 'Pyramids' . . . :roll:

Pratchett.

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”