5th Birthday show will be Wednesday 31st March

eris
Small Boy

Re: 5th Birthday show will be Wednesday 31st March

Post by eris »

I bought a ticket for the 31st of march but I don't think I will get the time off work either. I'm actually sure I can't.... (I need that time off for the traveling; I don't live in the UK) But it's far worse for those who've already booked their whole trip in May and live really really far away. I'm so sorry for those!! :(
Sam 1x - Tom 5x - Brad 2x - Tanner 3x - Fox 1x - Ollie 1x - Liam (Redhead) 1x - Scott 1x - Dean 1x-Josh 1x-Adam 1x
tzwicky
George

This is a kick in the privates!

Post by tzwicky »

This bit of news is a real kick in the privates.

But as May seems in my mind to be more certain to be "summery" weather than even the end of March, I'm sticking with those of us who have already planned around the May date.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Various plans have been made for various events that I intend to be at, regardless whatever is planned for some other date. Been there, done that. My experience with shows that were at some point determined to be special, but later turned out to be "just a bit different" or "not at all different" informs my decision on this matter.

Who you're with is every bit as important as when you're with them or where you're with them.

So I'm sticking with what I have, which is travel plans that are quite difficult to adjust, and quite a few ticketed seats that I'm happy to have in hand, now.

Perhaps a lyricist among May 12 attendees can come up with some new lyrics to jam into "Happy Birthday."

tzwicky
deebeeeff
Ballet Girl

Re: This is a kick in the privates!

Post by deebeeeff »

tzwicky wrote:This bit of news is a real kick in the privates.

But as May seems in my mind to be more certain to be "summery" weather than even the end of March, I'm sticking with those of us who have already planned around the May date.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Various plans have been made for various events that I intend to be at, regardless whatever is planned for some other date. Been there, done that. My experience with shows that were at some point determined to be special, but later turned out to be "just a bit different" or "not at all different" informs my decision on this matter.

Who you're with is every bit as important as when you're with them or where you're with them.

So I'm sticking with what I have, which is travel plans that are quite difficult to adjust, and quite a few ticketed seats that I'm happy to have in hand, now.

Perhaps a lyricist among May 12 attendees can come up with some new lyrics to jam into "Happy Birthday."

tzwicky
Right on Bill!! Look forward to seeing you!!
The Mini-Billython - Sacramento, Apr 11 - 13, 2013
"The Impossible" Hollywood Premier - Hollywood, Dec 10, 2012
Uncle Dave's 60th Birthday London Adventure - London, Oct 3 - 11, 2012
The Last Pirouette - NYC, Jan 5 - 9, 2012
Uncle Dave's Stealth Vacation - NYC, Oct 17 - 24, 2011
Uncle Dave's Liberation Celebration - New York City, Apr 11 - 18, 2011
Uncle Dave's Third Annual Birthday Billython - NYC, Oct 5 - 11, 2010
Fans in Denial - The REAL 5th Anniversary Show - London, May 6 - 14, 2010
Uncle Dave's Second Annual Birthday Billython - NYC, Oct 3 - 8, 2009
Uncle Dave's Memorial Weekend Big Apple Adventure & Billython - NYC, May 20 - 25, 2009
Uncle Dave's Birthday Billython - London, Oct 7 - 11, 2008
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: This is a kick in the privates!

Post by patc »

tzwicky wrote:Perhaps a lyricist among May 12 attendees can come up with some new lyrics to jam into "Happy Birthday."
OK, all non-UK based fans, to the tune of "Happy Birthday To You":

Oh I feel so, so silly
Cos I went and booked for Billy
For the wrong day the 12th May
But "who cares?" that's what I say

So to London I'm still going
In a nice comfy Boeing
So Happy Birthday Dear Billy
Happy (Real) Birthday to you

Pat
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

Excellent, Pat! :lol:
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

Gosh that is a shock will attempt to try and get a ticket on Saturday, if not I may be putting in a bid for all those people who have booked tickets and think they can't get the time of work! Have had no real internet access for about 6 weeks now so am having to go to the library to catch up on all things Billy.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
Mike
Ballet Girl

Post by Mike »

I'm wondering why there has been a change in the date since they have celebrated it on may 12th the last 4 years. Could it be that there has been a change in management at the production co or the VP who have different ideas?

As others have said this is kind of a rude awakening and slap in the face of loyal fans who have helped to make the show the success it is today. Reminds me of the statement made by someone in the past that fans arent entitled to anything other than the performance they pay to see. While that statement is true it needs to be remembered that word of mouth is one of the best forms of advertisement there is and it doesnt cost anything.

Its a shame that people have already spent quite a bit of money booking tickets, rooms & flights for what they thought would be a special show going on the history of the past 4 years. I know it still wouldnt help much but if the VP box office would offer refunds for tickets already bought for the May shows it would go along way repairing this riff that has been opened between the show and some of its most loyal supporters
eris
Small Boy

Post by eris »

Mike wrote: I know it still wouldnt help much but if the VP box office would offer refunds for tickets already bought for the May shows it would go along way repairing this riff that has been opened between the show and some of its most loyal supporters
I agree, but not only VP box office then ....
Sam 1x - Tom 5x - Brad 2x - Tanner 3x - Fox 1x - Ollie 1x - Liam (Redhead) 1x - Scott 1x - Dean 1x-Josh 1x-Adam 1x
Bungie
Small Boy

Post by Bungie »

Regarding the date change. Could it be that certain VIP's can only be all assembled on 31st. March.2010 ?
hammy
Ballet Girl

Post by hammy »

Bungie wrote:Regarding the date change. Could it be that certain VIP's can only be all assembled on 31st. March.2010 ?
That was what i orignal thought.
Leon 2/05/07, Josh 28/12/07, Corey 16/06/08, Corey 12/07/08, Layton 28/08/08, Tanner 27/12/08, Fox 4/07/09, Tom 15/08/2009, Tom (5th Anniversary show) - 31/3/2010, Rhys 21/10/10

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”