James Gaddas

Muppet
Michael

James Gaddas

Post by Muppet »

It's been a while since we've seen James Gaddas in anything on TV or stage (sadly), but this great ex BETM cast member appears to be in panto this year....

http://www.curveonline.co.uk/curve.php? ... 7&newsid=8
Finale
Former Admin

Re: James Gaddas

Post by Finale »

Great find!

I can't believe there wasn't already a topic for him :shock:
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

James plays the menacing Captain Hook in a musical version of Peter Pan.

I went to see it yesterday evening.

The funniest moment for me was towards the end when 'Peter' and 'Hook' had a swordfight. After their duel 'Peter' has 'Hook' whimpering for mercy on the deck of the Jolly Roger ship, when 'Hook' came out with the line.....

"I never wanted to be a pirate anyway....I always wanted to be a ballet dancer!"

Hmmmm, now I wonder where he got the inspiration for that from!! :D
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Now that's FUNNY!!!! :lol: :lol:
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Mike Newman
Tall Boy

Post by Mike Newman »

:D :D :D :D :D

It was a great treat to see James in Peter Pan. He played 'Dad ' and ' Captain Hook ' His 'Dad ' was masterful on the style that children should be seen and not heard , but his Captain Hook was brilliant . He swashbuckled around the stage throwing his weight around and terrified the crew. He looked magnificent in his pirates costume , and I am sure that all the many children in the audience hated him as they should, but watched him spellbound as they could hear his every word. A true pro. It was really more a musical than a pantomime , but a superb show nevertheless.
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

Nice update, I thought James was so nice, as he made sure he came back for all "his Billys' " last nights.
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Mike Newman wrote:a superb show
Glad at least one other forum member went to see the show!

I agree it was nice to see James in the role, but wouldn't go as far as to say the show was "superb"!!

But then I can be quite a critic!! :D
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

On the way over to Billy Thursday matinee I parachuted into Leicester on Wednesday evening to see this, indeed, superb version of Peter Pan as staged at the magnificent Curve Theatre. Together with another Billy fan who lives in the area and had seen it already with his grandkids we thoroughly enjoyed this show from the front row of the stalls. It exceeded all my expectations. The sets, music and songs were high quality and by no means was a pantomime in the accepted sense.

The entire cast was excellent with James leading the magnificent way as both Capt. Hook and Mr. Darling. The glint in his eye as the former was worth the price of admission on its own.

JMB himself would have been very, very pleased and if the show wasn't finishing this Saturday I would have booked to go again.

James, ever the gentleman as he always was at the VPT, met us after the show for a most enjoyable chat. I asked him about the "Ballet Dancer" line suspecting, like others, that he might have been the one who wrote that in but he declined to accept the compliment and told us it was written for him and not by him.

The Curve Theatre is well worth a visit. Modern, comfortable and very customer-friendly. After the show finished the three walls around the stage were raised up so that patrons could not only see but handle some of the props and chat to the stage hands/musicians about any aspect of the production.

I would hate to have missed it.

Pat
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

patc wrote:The Curve Theatre is well worth a visit. Modern, comfortable and very customer-friendly. Pat
Yes, it is one of the nicest theatre's I have visited. I read recently that it cost £61 million to build, which is absolutely INSANE when you think Ambassador theatre group bought over a dozen West End and regional theatres for just £90 million! :shock:
SatinandLace
Tall Boy

Post by SatinandLace »

With Phil being brought over to Broadway, I hope this is the beginning of a trend of West End Jackie Elliots coming over. Hopefully James will be next!
~Lauren~
8xTrent 3xSam 3xLayton 2xJosh F. 4xCorey
1xFox 1xHogan 2xScott 1xRhys
4xDavid 4xKiril 1xTanner
2xCesar 1xTommy 1xJ.P.
2xDaniel 2xLex 2xGuiseppe
1xKylend 1xKaine 1xJosh B.

Return to “Cast - London”