Auditions for Chicago Michaels to Be Held in NYC

Post links to articles, video clips, etc., that publicize the show
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Auditions for Chicago Michaels to Be Held in NYC

Post by porschesrule »

The casting people have announced that auditions are being held on December 6th in NYC for the role of Michael in the Chicago production:

http://bebilly.com/billyelliot_locations.php

With this announcement and the previous announcement that Justin Hall would be one of the Michaels, it would appear the rumor about Keean moving to Chicago might be false.
Todd
Dad

Re: Auditions for Chicago Michaels to Be Held in NYC

Post by Todd »

porschesrule wrote: With this announcement and the previous announcement that Justin Hall would be one of the Michaels, it would appear the rumor about Keean moving to Chicago might be false.
This particular audition could be for Michaels who would eventually take over the part somewhere down the road. It's doubtful that they would still be auditioning for Michaels for the show's opening cast in Chicago since I believe they begin rehearsing later this month (at least that's when Tommy leaves New York to go to Chicago).

The "word on the street" from some of the folks who seemed to know (when we visited about it a few weeks ago at the Broadway 1 year anniversary show) was that it was a pretty sure thing that Keean was going to Chicago. Maybe someone else might have some different information in the event that those plans have changed.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Todd wrote:It's doubtful that they would still be auditioning for Michaels for the show's opening cast in Chicago since I believe they begin rehearsing later this month (at least that's when Tommy leaves New York to go to Chicago).
Supposedly, full cast rehearsals don't begin in Chicago until mid-January when the current show at the Oriental Theater moves out, freeing up the rehearsal space, so it's still within the realm of possibility that they could cast another Michael within the next month or so.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The notice certainly says "Chicago production." As for when the cast has to be in Chicago, I heard they start there Jan. 4. But I doubt the first rehearsals will be in the theater. I would imagine they would use rehearsal studios for a while before moving into the theater itself.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Geridith
Tall Boy

Post by Geridith »

They still need a Tall Boy/Michael u/s.... and as we have seen, they're better off with too many than not enough! I agree too thats its potentially for future Michaels as well.
LONDON: Liam M (1), Tom (3), Rhys Y (2), Dean Charles (1); NEW YORK: Trent (11), Tommy (10), Kiril (9), David (8), Tanner (3), Liam R (3), Dayton (3), Michael D (3), Alex (2), Jacob (1); CHICAGO: Tommy (1), Giuseppe (1), Cesar (1) = 63 shows total :)
BETMNY Billy Schedule on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/BETMNY

Return to “Publicity - Chicago”