Matthew Koon - Billy: London

sleepylins
Ballet Girl

Re: Matthew Koon

Post by sleepylins »

WOW great review and great pictures from last year.
Thankyou
Billy:-
Coreyx5, Samx1, Josh.Fx8, Trentx5, Laytonx7, Hoganx2, Fox x10, Tomx10, Tannerx6, Bradx5,Olliex6,Deanx5,Rhysx4,Aaronx2,Scottx2,Josh.Bx0,Ryanx1, Adamx0
Michael:-
Laytonx1, Shaunx14 1/5, Jontyx10 4/5, Danielx4, Lewisx9, Deanx4, Georgex5 , Jakex10, Connor.Dx3,Connor.Kx12, Joex3,Reecex2,Connor.Lx1
Debbie:-
Leighx1, Leycix6, Amyx7, Scarlettx15, Meganx6, Aliciax6, Annabellex6, Fleurx11,Francescax12,Emily.Sx8, Emily.Wx1
79 WONDERFUL SHOWS
Justin
Tall Boy

Post by Justin »

If the great spectacle of watching the female ballet dancer are the pointe work and the flexibility, for the danseur surely the aspect which draws the most oohs and ahhs are the leaps. Whole roles in the classical ballet repertoire have been designed purely for the virtuoso leaps and jumps performed by the male ballet dancer - think the Bronze Idol in La Bayadere. Matthew Koon jumps up and seems to soar further - hanging in mid-suspension. The excitement comes from more than the leap itself. Sure, he surges upwards, but it's how he holds his pose in the air that sends a shiver down your spine - bold, confident, as if even gravity yields to him. On the ground his footwork is especially authoritative. His feet are pointed. Feet, legs, torso, arms aligned in a coherent whole - everything related to each other, even the slope of his neck. He possesses a natural, languid even insouciant grace, an inherent feel for beautiful lines. Each movement is clean, precise and pure - free from exaggeration and mannerism and yet punctuated and brightened with glamorous bursts of technique. Matthew emphatically won the Senior Ballet Category at the All England Finals today competing against dancers older than him. Watching him dance, it's not especially difficult to see why.
Red's my colour
pexcornel
Miner

Post by pexcornel »

He goes to all the competitions and always gets a prize. Matt is gold.
Tanner x3; Fox x4; Ollie x3; Brad x2; Tom x4.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Justin wrote:Matthew emphatically won the Senior Ballet Category at the All England Finals today competing against dancers older than him. Watching him dance, it's not especially difficult to see why.
Well done Matthew. My first Billy.

Thanks Justin for posting that.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Justin
Tall Boy

Post by Justin »

In a packed full house at the Peacock Theatre in the West End today with an audience including Kerry Ellis, and panel of adjudicators led by the renowned ballerina and current VP of the RAD and director of the Royal Opera House, Dame Beryl Grey, and choreographer Gillian Lynne, Matthew performed his classical ballet and modern ballet variations to win the title of Young Dancer of the Year at the All-England Dance Finals.

The last person to win this title in 2007 (the competition is held biennially), Laurretta Summerscales, went on to the English National Ballet School and has just a few weeks ago been admitted into the company of the ENB.

In addition to this, Matthew was awarded the Runner Up Prize for Young British Tap Dancer of the Year.

To be proficient at two very different but equally demanding disciplines of dance at such a high level is a tremendous feat and I congratulate him very heartily for this achievement.
Red's my colour
pexcornel
Miner

Post by pexcornel »

He is absolutely brilliant. He wins everything.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Congratulations Matthew! :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
PaulWilly
Ballet Girl

Post by PaulWilly »

In a packed full house at the Peacock Theatre in the West End today with an audience including Kerry Ellis, and panel of adjudicators led by the renowned ballerina and current VP of the RAD and director of the Royal Opera House, Dame Beryl Grey, and choreographer Gillian Lynne, Matthew performed his classical ballet and modern ballet variations to win the title of Young Dancer of the Year at the All-England Dance Finals...

...In addition to this, Matthew was awarded the Runner Up Prize for Young British Tap Dancer of the Year...
Thank you, Justin, for these great news!
WOW, this boy is really all dance!! Congratulations, Matthew!!
“It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
hecouldshine
Small Boy

Post by hecouldshine »

Huge Congratulations to Matthew. Have just got back from holiday to read of his success. Here are the photos of him receiving the award. http://www.all-england-dance.org.uk/

I loved your description of his jumps Justin. Sums them up perfectly!

I asked Matthew's mother what I could post about him. She asked me to say

Please let the members know that Matthew continues to enjoy his dancing, singing, acting and everything else at school. In the coming year, he will be working hard for his GCSEs and his dancing. He is doing well in school and continues to be well supported by his friends from school and church in his dancing.
pexcornel
Miner

Post by pexcornel »

AWESOME!

Return to “Cast - London”