January 2010 Reviews - London

hammy
Ballet Girl

Re: January 2010 Reviews - London

Post by hammy »

I thought pale blue started before yellow. Or was it when pale blue was having a break that yellow started?
Leon 2/05/07, Josh 28/12/07, Corey 16/06/08, Corey 12/07/08, Layton 28/08/08, Tanner 27/12/08, Fox 4/07/09, Tom 15/08/2009, Tom (5th Anniversary show) - 31/3/2010, Rhys 21/10/10
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

hammy wrote:I thought pale blue started before yellow. Or was it when pale blue was having a break that yellow started?
You're right, 'pale blue' Billy did do a Billy stint, then had a break to film a Children's TV programme. During that time, I saw my first Billy show performed by 'yellow' Billy. It was a few months later when 'pale blue' Billy came back for his second stint that I eventually saw how good he was!
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

In spite of appalling weather, and the fact that I already had tickets, I decided to venture to London for an overnight stay on Wednesday (6th January). I saw Oliver! on Wednesday afternoon and Billy on Wednesday evening and then again at the Thursday matinee. Both theatres had many rows of empty seats with people who couldn't make it for obvious reasons. Fox, George and Fleur gave a stunning display on Wednesday evening whilst yesterday we had Tom, George and (was it Annabelle?). Tom's letter scene was incredibly emotional to say the least. He was walking with a noticeable limp at the end and didn't do the wallboard flip so I guess he must have sustained a little injury somewhere along the line. But what fortitude, stamina and will power to carry on regardless. By all accounts Tim Funnell seems to be an almost constant Tony these days, so does anyone know what has happened to Craig? The smaller than usual audiences didn't lack for enthusiasm and they gave the usual standing ovations with a heartiness that swept away all considerations of the bitterly inclement weather outside. There were quite a number of 'regular' fans around and it was nice to meet new people by putting faces to Forum nomenclature.

One benefit of the weather was that it was easy to travel around the capital in the near empty tube trains and having restaurants practically to ourselves.

My drive home from the local train station was a real nightmare and I was just able to get to my house before the roads completely closed up such as had been the build up of snow through the day. But it was all well worth it.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Westletonion wrote: Fox, George and Fleur gave a stunning display on Wednesday evening whilst yesterday we had Tom, George and (was it Annabelle?). .
Hi westleonion,
Good to meet you on Wednesday and Thursday.
I think that you will find that it was Francesca on Thursday afternoon. A fiesty and rustic little Debbie!
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

burtond said:

I think that you will find that it was Francesca on Thursday afternoon. A fiesty and rustic little Debbie!

Thanks for the correction! Yes, certainly feisty. Good to meet you too at those shows.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Muppet quote …’Ahhh yes, I remember those days well, when I didn't think anyone could possibly match a certain 'yellow' Billy, however a 'pale blue' Billy came along and challenged 'yellow' Billy's supremacy and Muppet was heard discussing how 'yellow' Billy had met his equal in 'pale blue' Billy
Hi Muppet, I can appreciate exactly what you are saying. Do you know, I could really kick myself for not finding BETM earlier – I’ve missed nearly five years of delightful entertainment. I am not able to comment on Travis as I not seen much material of him in the role, however, there are many clips of Colin and he certainly looks the part and performs exceptionally too. He must have been a Director’s dream at the time. Love the facial expressions, the stances and the exquisite dance movements. I was speaking with other Forum members at the VP earlier this week and they tell me that Colin performed beyond his 16th Birthday. Goodness me – he must have been terrific!
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

burtond wrote:Goodness me – he must have been terrific!
He was still little too! :)

Travis's interpretation of Billy had 'don't mess with me' style attitude! :twisted:
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

FromRussia wrote: Mr. Braithwaite (played as usual by Sean Kingsley)
Are you sure about this? Phil Snowden has been playing Mr. B for about six weeks, maybe even longer and nobody has seen Sean Kingsley in that time.
Can Westletonion confirm this?

In both Thursday shows Phil played Mr. B again.

Pat
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

Pat said:

Are you sure about this? Phil Snowden has been playing Mr. B for about six weeks, maybe even longer and nobody has seen Sean Kingsley in that time.
Can Westletonion confirm this?

Phil Snowden did indeed play Mr B on Wednesday evening.
Chris
Tall Boy

Post by Chris »

As somebody else replied, Sean is off indefinately with a torn hamstring. It's on his twitter page, which you can get to from the forum twitter page.
"In everything you do, always be yourself"

Return to “Reviews Archive”