It's official: BETM will come to the Netherlands

thm
Miner

Re: It's official: BETM will come to the Netherlands

Post by thm »

FlyingDutchfan wrote: The Dutch cast board has gone digital! The full cast of the actual performance is prominently displayed on several monitors in the foyer, mainly around the various wardrobe areas; in full view and not tucked away in some obscure corner, so very much unlike at the VPT.
I expected that and stood for five minutes or so before one of these monitors but no cast. I will look at it on Saturday again.
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

AFAS Circustheatre's Seating Plan and views

Post by Darth_Revan »

You can check out what your view will be from your seat (not, seat in fact, but the sector you're seated) in AFAS Circustheatre before you book your ticket:

http://www.afascircustheater.nl/theater ... attegrond/
---
István
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

The stage height is quite the same as the VPT's. The row 1a seats feel the same like row A (day seats VPT). The row 1 seat number 6 has the best legroom behind the discontinued row 1a (MD's pulpit).The seats are more comfy than the VPT's. There's no middle aisle. Small Boy enters the stage at our right. The same for Billy departing.

Edit:

Found it!!! - The cast monitors are placed in the garderobes. If it's crowded they're hard to find.

Platinum Seats on weekend shows (not golden seats) include a backstage tour. I did one tonight. It's awesome and interesting. It was the first tour they did and there's room for improvements like giving information about starting time and what to expect along with the tickets. Before the show the check-in took very long and I had to ask a few staff members about it before I got a correct info. First you get to see some video footage but the most of it can be seen on youtube. The tour starts after the show. The tour is in dutch only but the viewing alone is worth it.

The tour guide also told us why there are intermittently days with a show and no show: They are doing full dress rehearsals for every Billy the day right before their respective first show.

One more Edit:
I booked a hotel as close as possible to the theatre 'Ambassade Arena ArtSuites' http://www.aaahotel.nl. I wasn't aware how close that is: When I opened another one of the windows this morning - Ha! - I couldn't believe my eyes - I looked directly onto the school desks of the Billys vis-à-vis :shock: :o :!: :lol:
Billy123
Tall Boy

Post by Billy123 »

Billy123
Tall Boy

Post by Billy123 »

I Read this article with Milan van weelden and he says that the dutch production is a mixture of London, Broadway and Chicago.

http://www.deweekkrant.nl/pages.php?pag ... o0.twitter
Zweaplight
Tall Boy

Post by Zweaplight »

I wonder why Bill Gates visited the theatre. It might have had something to do with AFAS, the company that sponsors the theatre. They're some kind of software company.
Lukas
DenP
Small Boy

Post by DenP »

A TV show with Bill Gates being interviewed was recorded at the Theatre, so that's why he was in Scheveningen.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Zweaplight wrote:I wonder why Bill Gates visited the theatre. It might have had something to do with AFAS, the company that sponsors the theatre. They're some kind of software company.
I found this:
Microsoft founder Bill Gates today in The Hague to draw attention to his charity Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. In between the billionaire had time to visit the AFAS Circus Theatre in Scheveningen. There he was photographed with the cast of the musical Billy Elliot.
According to executive producer of Billy Elliot, Stage Entertainment , Bill spoke briefly with the group of boys after recording College Tour. He complimented the talented boys who attend school in the theater, for their role in the great musical.

Billy Elliot 's November 29 premiere in Scheveningen.
http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1002/Show/articl ... lijf.dhtml
SolidarityForever
Small Boy

Post by SolidarityForever »

Brothers Carlo & Floris Puts debut tonight as Billy and Michael :D
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

SolidarityForever wrote:Brothers Carlo & Floris Puts debut tonight as Billy and Michael
I believe that's a first in BETM history -- the Billy and Michael actors being brothers in the same production of the show.

Congratulations to them both!

Return to “Netherlands Archive”