Tall and Small Boys

Billy Fanatic
Small Boy

Re: Tall and Small Boys

Post by Billy Fanatic »

Billy Fanatic wrote:For the past several weeks, the BETM official website has not been including the Tall Boys and Small Boys in the cast listings for the Broadway production, Small Boy Gabriel Varga-Watt for the Toronto production
I'm very happy to note that Ben, Alex and Zachary now are once again being included in the cast listings at the official BETM Broadway web site.

That leaves Toronto as the only production not listing all cast memebrs as they continue to omit including Small Boy Gabe.
Billy Fanatic
"Normal not to be normal"

BROADWAY - 19:
Billy: Alex K. x3, Giuseppe x1, Jacob x2, Joseph x5, Julian x2, Myles x1, Peter x4, Tade x1
Michael: Cameron x7, Jack x5, Jake S. x2, Neil x5
Debbie: Georgi x5, Lilla x14
Small Boy: Alex D. x10, Seth x3, Zachary x6
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Ben x12, Giuseppe x1, Joseph x2, Julian x2, Myles x1, Tade x1

TOUR - 3
RICHMOND, VA:

Billy: Ben x1, Drew x1, Noah x1
Michael: Jake K. x1, Sam x2
Debbie: Samantha x3
Small Boy: Cal x3
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Jake K. x2, Sam x1
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Slightly off subject but worth noting.

A nice touch on the UK site for the ensemble members where they have posted a memorial for Charlotte Leatherbarrow.

http://www.billyelliotthemusical.com/ex ... t/misc.php
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Landon Harris posted this on his public Facebook page today:

"Just finished 200th show, 4000th on stage pushup."

4000th pushup... now there's a new stat on the show we could keep :? just kidding :lol: :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Landon ... 5765481338
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

porschesrule wrote:4000th pushup... now there's a new stat on the show we could keep :? just kidding :lol: :lol:

If there was a contest for pushups watch out for Dillon. He does at least 25 to 30 of them, and quite rapidly. He looks like some kind of motorized machine up there. :roll:
:/
gpcolo
George

Post by gpcolo »

shimmyshimmy wrote: And when asked why June 5 will be his final performance, like the others, he doesn't answer.
Landon does say further down his Facebook page that the reason he is leaving is because his contract runs through June 5th. Any information beyond that of course is personal and private.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

My guess they are the same randomly lol...and specifcly the 5th cause it's a Sunday and a normal last day day.
Billy Fanatic
Small Boy

Post by Billy Fanatic »

During my Billython this past March, I was struck by how much of a little showman (or should that be showboy?) that Small Boy Alex Dreier has evolved into. At the conclusion of "Take Me Up" when Billy does his tentative hesitant uncertain of himself dance Alex does a very credible (albeit not perfect, possibly deliberately restrained by the creatives) job of closely imitating Billy's steps. During the boxing scene, he may be the smallest boy on stage but he makes his presence hugely evident by making the most of his comedic moments (the pushups and his exit from the hall.) During "Merry Christmas, Maggie Thatcher" his presence is again very noticeable; no small task when playing next to the superb Tall Boy/Posh Boy Ben Cook who is also extremely excellent at making himself noticeable on stage . During that number, Alex's menacing gestures with his Grim Reaper's scythe and policeman's baton appear to me to be deliberate and purposeful rather than random movement. Later in Act 2, when donations are being collected for Billy's audition trip, Alex's depositing of his coins into the miner's hat is done just right to exquisitely render the most out of that comedic moment. During the curtain call when Greg Jbara was making his pitch for Equity Fights Aid/Broadway Cares Alex was positioned up on Greg's shoulders. As Greg enticed the audience to donate, Alex had everyone in stitches visually miming what Greg was saying, the highlight being Alex mimicking a clerk imprinting a credit card slip when Greg made his "we have one of those credit card thingies in the lobby" comment.

Cute, adorable, and talented; what a winning combination that BETM and us audience members are very lucky to have. Alex certainly has a bright future in front of him in show business or whatever other path he chooses to pursue.
Billy Fanatic

BROADWAY - 19:
Billy: Alex K. x3, Giuseppe x1, Jacob x2, Joseph x5, Julian x2, Myles x1, Peter x4, Tade x1
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Ben x12, Giuseppe x1, Joseph x2, Julian x2, Myles x1, Tade x1

TOUR - 3
RICHMOND, VA:

rickyfc
Small Boy

Post by rickyfc »

I couldn't agree more about Alex. I think he steals every scene he's in and told that to his grandparents whom I met at the stagedoor the last time I was at the theatre in May.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I was sat in AA 112 recently. Alex was sat on the stage right in front of me during Deep Into The Ground. If you ever get in or near to this seat then watch his expressions during this song. He pulls some really cheeky faces.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Billy Fanatic
Small Boy

Post by Billy Fanatic »

Billy Whiz wrote:I was sat in AA 112 recently. Alex was sat on the stage right in front of me during Deep Into The Ground. If you ever get in or near to this seat then watch his expressions during this song. He pulls some really cheeky faces.
During my upcoming October Billython I'll have to be on the lookup for Alex's expressions during "Deep into the Ground" if he's playing Small Boy either at the October 13 performance when I have seat A 109 or on the October 16 evening show when I have A 110. During all 5 performances I've booked for this trip I'm also eagerly looking forward to seeing how Zachary has developed and evolved in the Small Boy role in particular and as a performer in general.
Billy Fanatic

BROADWAY - 19:

TOUR - 3
RICHMOND, VA:

Return to “Cast - Broadway”