Tall and Small Boys

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Tall and Small Boys

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Speaking of Alex, here is a photo I took of him on July 3, after Jacob's final show. Alex is sitting high up on his dad's shoulders so he can look over the crowd. :D

:/
Billy Fanatic
Small Boy

Post by Billy Fanatic »

CJ-Rochester wrote:Speaking of Alex, here is a photo I took of him on July 3, after Jacob's final show. Alex is sitting high up on his dad's shoulders so he can look over the crowd.
One of my favorite moments from my trip this past March was Small Boys Alex and Zachary being the epitome of cuteness to the extreme simply by hanging out together at the stage door being themselves after a matinee performance.
Billy Fanatic
"Normal not to be normal"

BROADWAY - 19:
Billy: Alex K. x3, Giuseppe x1, Jacob x2, Joseph x5, Julian x2, Myles x1, Peter x4, Tade x1
Michael: Cameron x7, Jack x5, Jake S. x2, Neil x5
Debbie: Georgi x5, Lilla x14
Small Boy: Alex D. x10, Seth x3, Zachary x6
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Ben x12, Giuseppe x1, Joseph x2, Julian x2, Myles x1, Tade x1

TOUR - 3
RICHMOND, VA:

Billy: Ben x1, Drew x1, Noah x1
Michael: Jake K. x1, Sam x2
Debbie: Samantha x3
Small Boy: Cal x3
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Jake K. x2, Sam x1
yanks1153
Small Boy

Post by yanks1153 »

Seth Fromowitz along with Alex Drier, and Zachary Maitlin are in the playbill as Small Boys now.
They all seem to get along by the stagedoor.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

yanks1153 wrote:Seth Fromowitz along with Alex Drier, and Zachary Maitlin are in the playbill as Small Boys now.
They all seem to get along by the stagedoor.
I looked back at my June Playbill and noticed Seth Fromowitz was not listed. I'm guessing he left for awhile but has just recently come back.

Zachary Maitlin - who was the small boy last night in New York - caused me to chuckle a bit during the "He Could Go and He Could Shine" number. During a serious and dramatic moment - I think maybe during Tony's impassioned speech of "what's the point of keeping your family together?" - I happened to notice that Zachary had found something that was tickling his funny bone as he had a smile on his face and finally said something to his mum about what it was that was striking him as funny. His mum stayed in character and didn't respond, and Zachary quickly returned to a more serious expression. All part of the unpredictability of young cast members in a show !
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Todd wrote: I looked back at my June Playbill and noticed Seth Fromowitz was not listed. I'm guessing he left for awhile but has just recently come back.

Seth left in the fall of 2010. I posted this earlier in this thread back on Nov 09, 2010, at Zachary's first performance. Is it possible Seth is back just for a short while to cover for vacations for the other two small boys?
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Alex has a new video on YouTube featuring him tap dancing. He takes tap classes with Thommie Retter. A future Billy ala Dean Charles Chapman? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzfdJB45 ... r_embedded#!
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Alex has a great on-camera demeanor. He definitely has a bright future. At the end he says "when I grow up I want to do something with tap, ballet, and musical theater". Hmmm I think we know just the show. :P
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Here's a cute article about Zachary Maitlin appearing on the Today show and finishing up his run as one of the Small Boys on Broadway:

http://millburn.patch.com/articles/deer ... today-show
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I must say, he makes a great angel. Wonder how much time he spent hanging around on the door? 8-) :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
HugsY2k
Tall Boy

Post by HugsY2k »

The parents of Alex Dreier have asked me to post the following message:

"It was a pleasure meeting so many "super" fans of Billy Elliot this weekend and over the past 1-1/2 years Alex was in the show. We have seen many great pictures and some videos posted on the "Forum" site from this weekend and other times since June 2010 when Alex started in BE. We have been able to download some of these pictures and videos but not all of them. We also suspect there are other pictures and videos with Alex that have not been posted publicly. We are trying to collect all of these photos and videos and would be very grateful if you have any to please contact Linda (hugsy2k) directly. Linda will then send you a special e-mail address we have set up to receive these items and to otherwise correspond with you directly. Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support of Alex. It was a terrific experience for him and for us and your enthusiasm for the show helped to make it so special. Happy trails. The Dreiers."
Broadway/London/US Tour, including Canada
Performances Attended: a number between 150-200 :)
Billys: 32
Michaels: 20

last update: June 2013

Return to “Cast - Broadway”