Tommy Batchelor--Billy, Broadway & Chicago

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Tommy Batchelor

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Yes congrats to Tommy. He will go to Chicago as the veteran Billy, similar to Trent going from London to NY.

This means we are due for another Billy replacement in December. Have there been any pre-announcements of the next Billy for NY? They must already have someone in training.
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

No announcements that I have seen. The only new Billy that has been announced for NY is Alex.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Tommy,

Yesterday I heard the big news when I saw the video on YouTube of you and the other boys who will be playing Billy in Chicago. Congratulations!!! You and your mom seemed so sweet when I met you after a show back in February and I'm sure this has made your entire family burst even more with pride and joy at how much talent you have and the love and goodness you exude!

Happy [extremely belated] birthday too by the way haha.

I hope to be able to see you as Billy again on Broadway but if not, I will try my best to catch you in Chicago too. Broadway's loss is Chicago's gain! May your career and life continue to be blessed for many, many years to come!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Sean,

Is this a different video than the Finding Billy one for Chicago? If so, could you please give the youtube link for that video here? I was searching for one of yesterday's press launch, but I couldn't find it, and I would like to see it if it exists, as I am sure others would as well. :D

Thanks!!
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

ERinVA wrote:Sean,

Is this a different video than the Finding Billy one for Chicago? If so, could you please give the youtube link for that video here? I was searching for one of yesterday's press launch, but I couldn't find it, and I would like to see it if it exists, as I am sure others would as well. :D

Thanks!!
Unfortunately no, it was the Finding Billy one. I was pretty sure most of you saw that one so I didn't reference it. For anyone who hasn't, it can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amf3tLMWtmk

I didn't even know there was a press conference (I'm going to play catch up on the Forum this weekend). I look forward to hearing and seeing more once it's online.

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

This NY Times article confirms that Tommy's final NY performance will take place on Dec. 11. :(

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/ ... dway-cast/

I hope the forum will have lots of members there to give Tommy a fine send-off to his new Billy job in Chicago!
Ellen

Dancer
Ballet Girl

Post by Dancer »

Good luck in Chicago, Tommy. You deserve all the recognition you can get. Hope to see you on Tuesday or Wednesday this coming week :D .
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Congrats Tommy for being selected for the Chicago production ! It's my kind of town, Chicago is, and I know you'll enjoy it there. The other Billys and the rest of the cast there are fortunate to be able to to draw off your experience from being in the Broadway show. Well done !
bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

I really want to see Tommy for some reason. Saying 'for some reason' sounds odd but I want to see him more than the other US Billys. I have no idea why though. But I do have a good idea... between Broadway and Chicago he could come to London- yeahhh! :D
Charlotte x
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

Ditto! We have similar tastes in Billys! :P
x

Return to “Cast - Chicago”