March 2010 Reviews - London

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: March 2010 Reviews - London

Post by ERinVA »

MDB wrote:
[/quote
Disappointingly, the Theatre was (in my view) only 50% full this evening with the Grand Circle closed

Shocked ! :o Tried to get tickets yesterday and not one single available... Is it a Weekday thing?

If you were trying to use the booking engine on the VP website, my advice to you is don't. It never shows what they really have available. :x The best thing to do is call the box office directly if you can. The numbers for the box office are given in the Theatre and Ticketing thread for London, I believe.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
MDB
Tall Boy

Post by MDB »

It was the booking office I tried as it was short notice. Well on the actual day, 3 hours before performance. It was only a spur of the moment thing, no worries, cheers everyone.
UBIQUE
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Den wrote: In recent weeks there seems to have been a slight change in Billy's farewell to Debbie.As Debbie approaches him her Mum stops her half way.I am sure Billy used to stand there and just see Debbie turned away.Now Billy retreats which seems a much clearer rejection than his declining her offer in the toilet scene.

Den
Once or twice on Billy leaving nights, a Debbie has kissed Billy goodbye. I think this is nice and should actually be in the show. After all, Billy kisses Michael, because Michael wants it, so why not let Debbie have her kiss too? :?
Thomas
Ballet Girl

Post by Thomas »

I don't think Billy is kissing Michael, because Michael wants it. It is because Billy wants to show him his affection despite him leaving.
Leon 1, Fox 5, Ollie 8.5, Tom 3.5, Dean 11, Rhys 8, Aaron 5, Scott 5, Josh 4, Adam 4, Ryan 4
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Thomas wrote:I don't think Billy is kissing Michael, because Michael wants it. It is because Billy wants to show him his affection despite him leaving.
I don't see that. I think he knows Michael would appreciate it and as he is his best friend he does it for Michael, not himself.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Muppet wrote:
Thomas wrote:I don't think Billy is kissing Michael, because Michael wants it. It is because Billy wants to show him his affection despite him leaving.
I don't see that. I think he knows Michael would appreciate it and as he is his best friend he does it for Michael, not himself.
My view is that Billy has no personal desire to kiss Michael, he does this as a gesture to acknowledge his friendship with Michael knowing how much it would mean to him.

Of course, we are not sure how this relationship develops for Billy and Michael in later life. The only clue is that in the film, Michael was there (in drag) for Billy's first night performing with the Royal Ballet together with Dad and Tony (aged a little). Perhaps, Michael becomes Billy's partner! :?
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

I think in the film, Michael is sitting next to his own partner at the end
x
andrewcraig
Tony

Post by andrewcraig »

I dont want to get involved in this discussion. Here is my favourite clip from the end of the film.
I do not agree Michael is in drag, but is with a black friend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uyg24hOiog

On another note whilst looking for this clip at a friends house prior to dinner, the early teens son who had never heard of Billy Elliot the musical or film , stood behind me and watched what I was doing.
He asked what were the boys doing running back and forwards [in the clip]. He asked more questions. It was difficult.

I went and searched for Matthew Bourne Swan Lake , we talked but after a while he got bored and left.

Nxet morning he asked do those guys really dance like that. How do they learn?

I wanted to show him Matthew Koons clips from TV this year but time ran out I hope he can remember what he saw. I hope there was some inspiration there.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

chocchipcookie26 wrote:I think in the film, Michael is sitting next to his own partner at the end
x
Apologies guys/gals - clearly out of touch with the film.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Thomas
Ballet Girl

Post by Thomas »

Muppet wrote:
Michael would certainly appreciate a relationship with Billy, not just a little kiss. And just because his friend appreciates a kiss does not mean, that Billy has to give him a kiss. That is Billys decision, so we may assume that he does it because he wants to.
Leon 1, Fox 5, Ollie 8.5, Tom 3.5, Dean 11, Rhys 8, Aaron 5, Scott 5, Josh 4, Adam 4, Ryan 4

Return to “Reviews Archive”