April 2010 Reviews - London

Bungie
Small Boy

Re: April 2010 Reviews - London

Post by Bungie »

Connor Doyle left not so long ago, but I can't remember exactly when. They must have brought him back as a stop gap measure until a new Michael is ready. I remember him as being very funny and turning in excellent performances. Connor Doyle and Francesca generally appeared together as Michael and Debbie, and by a strange coincidence, after he left the new Michael to replace him in the partnership was another Connor - Connor Kelly.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Bungie wrote:Connor Doyle left not so long ago, but I can't remember exactly when.
According to the Wikipedia "Billy Elliot the Musical Casts" chart, Connor Doyle's official leave date was November 28,2009, but also indicates they have brought him back as of April 2, 2010 to present.

As Bungie said, it's probably while they are getting future Michael, Joseph Massey, ready.

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Elli ... el_Caffrey
Chris
Tall Boy

Post by Chris »

I believe that Connor Doyle is listed in the special anniversary programme as a Michael.
"In everything you do, always be yourself"
Megington72
Audience Member

Post by Megington72 »

Just got back from Thursday 8th Matinee. Ollie was playing Billy and it was excellent! Will post a review when I have more time but just wanted to say what a brilliant afternoon I've had! Also, I was over the moon to see that they are still selling 5th anniversary programmes. I thought they would have stopped selling them. I bought one (naturally) and I love it so much! On the train home I kept checking that it wasn't getting bent or damaged. That photo is one of my favourite BETM pictures. :D
BETM fan since 2006.
Travis x2
Hogan x1
Tom x2
Ollie x1
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

Yes I like that picture also, love the look on George's face.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Megington72 wrote:Just got back from Thursday 8th Matinee. Ollie was playing Billy and it was excellent! Will post a review when I have more time but just wanted to say what a brilliant afternoon I've had! Also, I was over the moon to see that they are still selling 5th anniversary programmes. I thought they would have stopped selling them. I bought one (naturally) and I love it so much! On the train home I kept checking that it wasn't getting bent or damaged. That photo is one of my favourite BETM pictures. :D
I think they're selling the new '5th anniversary' programmes for about a month or until they run out.
Howdo
Audience Member

Post by Howdo »

Thursday evening show was sublime. Tom got a fit of the giggles during the letter (reprise) but we can forgive him that as his electricity and dream ballet were out of this world. He reminded me an awlful lot like Jamie Bell in parts. Connor Doyle as Michael was brilliant and I for one am so pleased he was asked back for a short amount of time
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Howdo wrote: Tom got a fit of the giggles during the letter (reprise) but we can forgive him that as his electricity and dream ballet were out of this world.
Gee, I don't know. Seems like about the worst place in the show to get the giggles. Kind of surprising, as I feel like Tom is one of the very best actors among the Billys I've seen.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Yes it is a bit naughty of you Tom! Don't do it again! There's a time and a place for giggling and the 'Letter' scenes are not it!! ;)
pinknick103
Tony

Post by pinknick103 »

R U sure he was giggling??? Sometimes I think it may sound a bit like he is giggling, but its the way he breathes fast as though he is crying. Being close to the stage, you can see he def crying, but if u were further back, and unable to see his face, maybe it could be misinterpreted as giggling xx
Dean x1, Leon x1, Trent x1, Josh x12, Layton x10, Corey x5, Fox x10, Tom x15, Brad x5,Ollie x7,Tanner x2, Dean CC x 9, Aaron x 2, Rhys x3, Scott x5, Ryan x10, Adam x2, Kaine x5, Harris x3, Harrison x12, Redmond x3, Ali x1

Return to “Reviews Archive”