Reviews of the 5th Anniversary Show

sleepylins
Ballet Girl

Re: Reviews of the 5th Anniversary Show

Post by sleepylins »

jen wrote:The reason maybe Dean was missing in one of the photos was possibly the weather it was dreadful in Ireland and Scotland and I did wonder if those Billy's would be able to get there. BTW looking at the pictures again, i don't think it was Josh who looked like a younger George it was George himself! just got a bit muddled.
Dean M is not missing in that first pic that has been mentioned.If you look VERY carefully you can see Dean M just behind DeanCC his hand is just at the top of his near James head making it look like DeanCC has 2 hands(or an extended hand) and Dean M body alongside DeanCC and head just left of his. :D
Billy:-
Coreyx5, Samx1, Josh.Fx8, Trentx5, Laytonx7, Hoganx2, Fox x10, Tomx10, Tannerx6, Bradx5,Olliex6,Deanx5,Rhysx4,Aaronx2,Scottx2,Josh.Bx0,Ryanx1, Adamx0
Michael:-
Laytonx1, Shaunx14 1/5, Jontyx10 4/5, Danielx4, Lewisx9, Deanx4, Georgex5 , Jakex10, Connor.Dx3,Connor.Kx12, Joex3,Reecex2,Connor.Lx1
Debbie:-
Leighx1, Leycix6, Amyx7, Scarlettx15, Meganx6, Aliciax6, Annabellex6, Fleurx11,Francescax12,Emily.Sx8, Emily.Wx1
79 WONDERFUL SHOWS
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes! I see the extra hand, now that you have pointed it out. Since Dean is the only person who appears to be missing, it can only be his. Well spotted.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

I'd just like to add that it is nice to see Hayden looking very well-rested and happy!
Was there acknowledgment of her? She sure deserves it! (Sorry if this is redundant - I haven't read all the reviews thoroughly yet.)

Too bad the Americans who performed in London weren't included. Especially Trent, who holds the Billy record!
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

phoebe wrote:Especially Trent, who holds the Billy record!
ESPECIALLY COLIN, who has been the face of Billy Elliot on the EPK - that has been used extensively over the last 3 years as an advertisement tool for the show, even leading up to the 5th anniversary!! It was an insult that he wasn't brought over! :(
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I think that all the American UK Billys should have been there. But it is my understanding that rehearsals were done over a number of weekends leading up to the show, and none of the Americans would have been able to work with that rehearsal schedule. They couldn't just fly back and forth to London every weekend. I suppose they could have come to the celebration nevertheless, but it would then have seemed strange for them to be there but not be performing in the finale megamix, wouldn't it?
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
pexcornel
Miner

Post by pexcornel »

From what I know, the Billys started rehearsing only on Sunday.
The reason the US Billys missed it is because of the limited budget for the celebrations.
Of course, the budget is not that limited if they actually need and depend on them :x
If people mentioned Trent and Colin, I will mention Tanner, Hogan and Corey.
Some of them felt hurt...
Tanner x3; Fox x4; Ollie x3; Brad x2; Tom x4.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I am sure they all would have wanted to be there. Of course, some probably could not come for various reasons, but if, as you say, the rehearsal started only the weekend before, then some of those Billys certainly could have made arrangements to come, and for the company not to have invited them seems a grievous slight against them. If the company could fund a huge party for every London cast member from the beginning to the present, I cannot see that bringing the US London Billys over would have been that big a financial strain. To be fair, the complete truth is probably neither of the things you and I have just said, pex, but somewhere in the middle. Nevertheless, I think that every single one of the Billys who were in the London show, regardless of where they live, should have been there if at all possible.
Ellen

jen
Miner

Post by jen »

Just wanted to say how lucky privileged I felt that I was to be able to attend the show.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

ERinVA wrote: Nevertheless, I think that every single one of the Billys who were in the London show, regardless of where they live, should have been there if at all possible.
I agree with everything you've stated, Ellen. The invitation should have been extended, especially since more than one of the American boys filled a breech for the show on more than one occasion. It would have been the right thing to do.
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

porschesrule wrote:
ERinVA wrote: Nevertheless, I think that every single one of the Billys who were in the London show, regardless of where they live, should have been there if at all possible.
I agree with everything you've stated, Ellen. The invitation should have been extended, especially since more than one of the American boys filled a breech for the show on more than one occasion. It would have been the right thing to do.

Ditto. What were they thinking? These boys put their lives into the show and were its main attraction. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. This, plus ignoring the Broadway first anniversary. To have sell-out shows for a year during the US' biggest financial drop since the Depression is quite an achievement!

Okay, Admins! Back to reviews of West End's Fifth Anniversary, also a marvelous accomplishment!

Return to “Reviews Archive”