Reviews of the 5th Anniversary Show

PaulWilly
Ballet Girl

Re: Reviews of the 5th Anniversary Show

Post by PaulWilly »

Uups - I think you are right; Ellen! So I better edited this posting!
“It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Isn't it amazing how hard it is to identify some of the boys in this picture?!!!! I am sure that is Sam on Layton's back.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
PaulWilly
Ballet Girl

Post by PaulWilly »

So here is another pic - this one really from the show and not a "posing for pics", ha-ha - and suddenly there are 19 Billys - and Dean Mc is clearly visible by his hairstyle, ha-ha.

And (- having that quite a bit larger than the rules of the Forum would allow here - ) for me there are now - from the left:
Rhys, Travis holding legs, Ollie, Sam on the back of Layton, Dean-Charles, Dean Mc, James, Liam, Olly T behind him holding Tom up, George, Fox, Matthew, Leon with Josh on his back and Brad holding legs, and the two Future Billys there in front. (?!) :) ;)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

By George! I think you've got it!!!! :lol: Can't miss that red rooster comb in that photo. 8-) :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
PaulWilly
Ballet Girl

Post by PaulWilly »

:lol: :lol: ;) BTW: Do we have the names of the two Future Billys - did I miss something, or are they still "n/n"??
BEfan
Small Boy

Post by BEfan »

PaulWilly wrote::lol: :lol: ;) BTW: Do we have the names of the two Future Billys - did I miss something, or are they still "n/n"??
Isnt the first one Aaron Watson?
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

The one on the right hand side is Scott McKenzie.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
PaulWilly
Ballet Girl

Post by PaulWilly »

Thanks, BEfan and Billy Whiz! :D :D
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

The reason maybe Dean was missing in one of the photos was possibly the weather it was dreadful in Ireland and Scotland and I did wonder if those Billy's would be able to get there. BTW looking at the pictures again, i don't think it was Josh who looked like a younger George it was George himself! just got a bit muddled.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

5TH BIRTHDAY PERFORMANCE.

Billy Tom
Michael Connor
Debbie Francesca

As far as I could see it was all the normal adult cast. There was a real buzz to the theatre. I don’t think there could have been that many first timers there, or possibly people who had no knowledge that it was a very special performance. At the start Stephen Daldry came on to great cheers. He introduced himself and then spoke briefly. He then introduced Lee and Elton who came on through the side door. They all spoke about their Billy experiences.

The show seemed to go with a swing from the start with all the cast just putting in that extra bit of effort. I was very impressed with all the young cast. Tom gave it his all. A very emotional letter scene. Connor was a great Michael very comical and good use of facial expressions. Francesca was very good and to me I felt her diction was wonderful you could hear every word, again very good use of facial expressions. Infact the diction from all the young cast was some of the best I have heard for some time. Just loved Anne Emery she will be such a loss to the show when she leaves she is clearly loved by all especially the young cast. The whole show seemed to go very quickly it was nice to see a few members of the forum in the interval. Think all the VIPs must have gone to a private bar in the interval as there was no sign of them. Noticed in the second half that there were a lot of people standing at the back they must have been either part of the Production Company or possibly staff members. The show built up to the climax. Loved Tom’s smile as he got the standing ovation at the end of Electricity it was the only time he broke out of role.
After a very good curtain call the climax of the evening came. I noticed one of the adult cast slip to the side of the stalls through the stage pass door and just stand and watch. Firstly the original three came on took a bow together and then separate ones. Loved the way they just looked to each other for support and friendship just like they did in those very early pictures of them. The classic pose with George in the middle and Liam and James either side. Liam now the tallest, and George the shortest. Then the whole thing started it all went by so fat you could hardly see what was happening. Understandably everyone wanted to stand up including me but being quite short I did miss quite a bit. I have been grateful for all the clips. Hopefully some day we might see the professional one. At the end big bangs and lots of confetti type paper shooting down on the audience. Here is a fact sad but true I did pick up some of the paper to take home it is now sitting in an envelope until I decide what to do with it. Show finished quite late it was 11pm by little Ben as I crossed the road to Victoria station. Would have loved to have stayed for a while but an early start for work the next day. Still managed to get home in record time. It was a wonderful experience that I wouldn’t have wished for words. It was also great that the company didn’t take advantage of the theatergoers by charging extra for tickets instead you got your normal midweek reductions on the tickets. Roger Foss on LBC on Thursday morning said this was a real party for the fans, cast and friends of the show. Heres to lots more anniversaries.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not

Return to “Reviews Archive”