Cleveland, OH

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BETM Cleveland, OH

Post by ERinVA »

I think allthatsknown is saying don't buy your tickets from them. ;) :D The site obviously belongs to a ticket broker, and usually it makes more sense to buy tickets directly from the organization sponsoring the series. But the video collection is good, nevertheless.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

I last saw the show in London way back in May - now getting Billy withdrawal symptoms.

Must. . . . *gasp*. . . . see . . . *gasp* . . . .show . . . . soon. .

Booked Dec 3, 4, 5 (all 5 shows).

(Note to self - remember to pack fur-lined underwear . .) ;)
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Rich B wrote: (Note to self - remember to pack fur-lined underwear . .) ;)
Silk long johns work well too. That's what I'm bringing. :lol:
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Silk and ermine. A good combination. :lol:
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Rich B wrote:Thanks for finding that, Bill. Looks like my Saturday morning is planned! :D
Rich
I'll miss the tours, durn! But I will on a plane that morning, headed for Florida to see Tommy Batchelor in Nutcracker! :D

Since I originally planned on being in Cleveland on Saturday, anyone who wants to do the morning tour and see Billy that evening, see:

http://www.friendsofbilly.com/FriendsF/ ... 578#p29578
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

allthatsknown wrote:Pre-show Broadway Buzz is offered before every Broadway series show Playhouse Square offers... it gives a look into the history surrounding the show and how it came to be... I am pretty sure that it won't be anything new that us fans haven't heard yet... Heck, we could probably give a better buzz session than the guy who gives it... I totally forgot his name, but he is super cool and if anyone is there, I would totally recommend going..
The host is Joe Garry. For Billy Elliot, these talks will be held Nov. 19 - Nov. 24, Nov. 27- evening performance only, Nov. 30- Dec. 5, and Dec. 9 in the "Idea Center," located in Playhouse Square. Also worth mentioning, cast members come out to chat with the audience after thursday evening performances. The audience can ask questions during the chat. For Billy Elliot, the chats will take place after the December 2 and 9 performances.

I'm really looking forward to my 8-performance Cleveland Billython. :D
inspired
Tall Boy

Post by inspired »

allthatsknown wrote:
inspired wrote: By the way, heard my first BE Cleveland radio commercial yesterday morning. Can't wait for the full publicity blitz!

I did too! Was it 105.7? I heard it on my way home from work...
Yes, I heard it on Lanigan at about 6:30 a.m.

Here's a question for you "old pros": I waited at the stage door for Guiseppe when he did his September preview here in Cleveland, but never saw anyone come out. How long typically do you have to wait before the cast member leave the building?
28 shows, 17 Billys, 11 cities
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

inspired wrote: Here's a question for you "old pros": I waited at the stage door for Guiseppe when he did his September preview here in Cleveland, but never saw anyone come out. How long typically do you have to wait before the cast member leave the building?
Hard to say since it varies. In Chicago, they seemed to come out rather quickly - 5 - 10 minutes. In NY, maybe a bit longer. Of course, if they are giving a post-show talk to invited guests inside, the wait can be a bit long . . .

Rich
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

I've just extended my Cleveland "billython" by one day. :o I bought a ticket yesterday for the Friday, Nov 26 performance at 8:00 pm. That's the same day I'm due to arrive in town - at 6:30 pm! If all goes well, I should just about make it to the theatre on time. If not, I guess I'll have to miss a part of Act 1. I can live with that, even though I never arrived after the show started in all of my previous 90 times seeing BETM. :shock:

So now I have tickets for nine consecutive Billy performances. :D
inspired
Tall Boy

Post by inspired »

I just found out that the "Breakfast With Billy" promotional event planned for this Saturday (that I paid for and am holding a ticket to) has been canceled. #*@!!!*#! I was really looking forward to that (even a picture with a Billy was promised!). And I was also hoping to meet up with allthatsknown and any other forum members who were going to attend. Sigh. :cry:
28 shows, 17 Billys, 11 cities

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”