Cleveland, OH

inspired
Tall Boy

Re: BETM Cleveland, OH

Post by inspired »

It's good to hear that some of you are coming to Cleveland for part of the run. :D

I talked to the group sales ticket manager a bit ago (at the number on your ticket) and he said they canceled the breakfast because they didn't get enough of a response. However, there was almost no publicity for it! So...a great idea but poor execution. He was very apologetic, by the way, and reversed the charges to my card, but I thought he said they'd contacted everyone but me on their list already (a line he probably uses on anyone who actually calls in about this).

Allthatsknown - Are you saying there is a theater tour on Dec. 4? Is so, what time and do you have to have a ticket for it? Are you attending that one? Also, is the stage door at the back of the State Theater with the big bright sign near the corner of E. 17th and Chester? And, yes, Chip Kulick is still on 105.7.

It would be nice if we could get together before or after a show. Sounds like most who have posted on this thread will be in town from Nov. 26 - Dec. 3. Am I right about that, those of you coming to Cleveland and interested in meeting up?

By the way, I'm seeing my 2nd-4th shows this run. I'm in awe of you who have seen sooooo many more!
28 shows, 17 Billys, 11 cities
Mike
Ballet Girl

Post by Mike »

johnnyc wrote: I can live with that, even though I never arrived after the show started in all of my previous 90 times seeing BETM. :shock:
arent u missing a few shows in your total Johnny?....like maybe 100... :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Mike wrote: arent u missing a few shows in your total Johnny?....like maybe 100... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Picky, picky! :oops:
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

allthatsknown wrote:John, you should make it in no trouble... the show starts at 8, and I am assuming you are taking the train and bus from the airport, correct?
I
No, I'm planning to go from the airport by taxi. I took a cab into Cleveland once before, and it didn't take too long, about 20-25 minutes as I recall. About 20 miles - right? I'm staying at the Embassy Suites Downtown, about 3 blocks from the theatre, and they run a free shuttle service within 2 miles. So, hopefully, I'll be OK (knock on wood). It all depends on whether my flight is late arriving.
tzwicky
George

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by tzwicky »

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!

I think the whole cast and show canceled after reading your post.

The Chamber of Commerce wants to have a little face-to-face with you. It'll only take a minute or two.

I thought I was a poor ambassador for Miami and areas around here, but you've got me beat bigtime.

So I wonder if the guys at the front doors to the theatre who check bags for recording devices turn a blind eye to concealed weapons?

tzwicky
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

allthatsknown wrote:More like 15 miles... but a taxi will run you like 50 bucks each way... the train and bus option only cost you like 5 bucks total... but if you wanna take a taxi, that's your decision...
My decision to take a cab is based on getting to my hotel as quickly as possible, especially if my flight is somewhat late arriving. I would have to stop there first to drop off luggage. The hotel is on E.12th St, between Superior and Chestnut Aves.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Planning on seeing a 2nd Tour performance of BETM in Cleveland? You can feel safe doing it according to this article in the Plain Dealer:

http://www.cleveland.com/onstage/index. ... ouses.html
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

allthatsknown wrote:doesn't mention anything about the crimes that have gone unreported.... Also only mentions the theatre area
Don't all cities have unreportd crime and areas it's best to avoid? And the article was intended to address just the theatre district. I'm not sure I understand your point.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

allthatsknown wrote: But I just want everyone who sees the show to be safe and know where/where not to wander off to if they decide to wander... that's all...
OK, thanks for the info.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Nicholas Sipes, who plays Older Billy, has posted on his public Twitter

Who knew that herbal cigarettes were illegal in the state of Ohio? Here at Billy Elliot we found out the hard way, cig shortage today

I think that the purchasing of them is illegal but not the actual smoking as this is another tweet from him.

@CloveSmokes thanks for the express package! Now Billy Elliot can go on like normal and we won't have to ration out cigs for the show
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”