Cleveland, OH

angelenroute
Billy

Re: BETM Cleveland, OH

Post by angelenroute »

johnnyc wrote:The bars in the State Theatre are featuring two new mixed drinks - BORN TO BOOGIE and SOLIDARITY FOREVER. The first is a mixture of Vodka, Cranberry Juice, Orange Juce and Lime. The second concoction is Vodka and Sprite, with Lemon. I've tried both, and I guarantee you'll be boogying after having a few glasses of the B2B drink. :lol: :lol:
LOVED hearing this! Do the Imperial or VPT have any special drinks like this???

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Not that I'm aware of. :lol:
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

I just completed a very enjoyable tour of the Playhouse Square theatres and I thought I would mention that someone in the group asked how ticket sales were for BETM. The guide told us that at first, things were a little slow, but ticket sales seem to pick up quickly in the few days leading to the show. He said that all shows this weekend are almost full. :D

Rich
andrewcraig
Tony

Post by andrewcraig »

It does appear that Daniel and Michael have been relegated to a minor role as matinee, every week.

The tracking thread shows the bias against the Australian boys has been unchanged over the last 4 weeks. This started before Michael had his fall and that is not an excuse.

I feel like contacting the producers to complain.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

andrewcraig wrote:It does appear that Daniel and Michael have been relegated to a minor role as matinee, every week.

The tracking thread shows the bias against the Australian boys has been unchanged over the last 4 weeks. This started before Michael had his fall and that is not an excuse.

I feel like contacting the producers to complain.
Out of all the shows this weekend, both matinees had the biggest audiences. The Billies blew everyone away and received long standing O's. Not quite sure how a matinee is considered 'minor'. :?: I suppose I could complain, too. After all, this is a US tour, yet there are only two Americans . . :?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's an article from the Cleveland Examiner. It was posted after the final show in Cleveland.

http://www.examiner.com/art-in-clevelan ... -contrasts
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”