May 2010 - Reviews - London

patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: May 2010 - Reviews UK - London

Post by patc »

Just got a text from VPT that B2B tonight was the US version with boxing gloves, skipping ropes, etc.

Ollie, Connor and Emily are on.

Pat
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Stop press: We now have the New York version of Born to Boogie complete with boxing gloves and skipping ropes - AGGH
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Amazing!
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
LPOZ
Small Boy

Post by LPOZ »

Billy Whiz wrote:Stop press: We now have the New York version of Born to Boogie complete with boxing gloves and skipping ropes - AGGH
Is that a good thing or bad? Have never seen the original London version of B2B (seeing my first London BE next week...). I always liked the Broadway B2B...how was London different?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Many people dislike the NY version with the jump ropes, but I don't dislike it; it's just different, that's all. But if you've seen it, you know that it has several possibilities for things to go wrong with the jump ropes, especially when Billy jumps in behind Mrs. W, and they jump as a double for a couple of measures. The original UK version is much simpler and does not involve tapping or jumping rope.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

WOW! Interesting move. :? As Ellen said, many things could (and have) gone wrong with the jump roping, so I figured that if B2B ever changed, it would be the NY version changing to the UK version, not the other way around. In my personal experience, only Trent seemed to nail it consistently.

Rich
LPOZ
Small Boy

Post by LPOZ »

Rich B wrote:WOW! Interesting move. :? As Ellen said, many things could (and have) gone wrong with the jump roping, so I figured that if B2B ever changed, it would be the NY version changing to the UK version, not the other way around. In my personal experience, only Trent seemed to nail it consistently.

Rich
Would the change be because the new Mrs W (Genevieve Lemon) is used to the Broadway version? Embarrassingly, can't even remember how the Australian version was. During my Billython on Broadway this week, the B2B went a lot better than I have seen in the past (as you said, only Trent always made it work) - I only remember it not working for Liam but they solved it well.
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

Yes we now do have the god awful U.S. version of Born to Boogie complete with skipping ropes, boxing gloves, a few shoe changes for Billy,
Billy doing an uneccessary hand gesture to Mr B , Billy doing a waltz with Mrs W, and worst of all - the funky chicken has gone.

Do not like it one bit - in fact, for the first time in 5 years and 101 shows, it made me want to walk out at the interval.

Change it back. It is bloody awful. :(

However, at least Ollie's skipping was great.

Keith.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

For the love of God can someone please tell us who played the skipping Mr. B? :lol: :D :oops:

I quite enjoyed the US version - for what it was.

Pat
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

LPOZ wrote:Would the change be because the new Mrs W (Genevieve Lemon) is used to the Broadway version?
She never did Broadway but if they used the jump roping in the Aussie version, I suppose that's the reason.

Return to “Reviews Archive”