San Francisco

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: San Francisco

Post by ERinVA »

There is a discussion about this in this thread: http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... =87&t=2899

Thanks.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
mxmx
Small Boy

Post by mxmx »

Note that for the remainder of the SF run they have swapped out the Wednesday matinee for Sunday evening at 7:30.

This has not been updated on the main BE tour site; you have to go to the venue site or ticket purchase page to see it.

Note that this means the final show will be Sunday EVENING the 21st.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Got my tickets for last 5 shows already:) Who else is going and does anyone want to do a meet up?

Steven
BEtourfan
Tony

Post by BEtourfan »

According to the Orpheum Theater's website, the last two shows of BE today are sold out. Great run and great show!!!!
mxmx
Small Boy

Post by mxmx »

Very good final show although nothing at all special was announced. However, in an unprecedented move, they "invented" a role for Kylend (who had a cast on his right hand) for Act II. We'll call it "Taller Boy." He appeared with the townsfolk during "Merry Christmas" and (more difficult to spot) at the start of "Once We Were Kings." It was a nice way to let him make one final appearance on stage and in a way he came full circle. All five Billys appeared for the final curtain call, unfortunately with no added time to take in the moment.

So that wraps things up with National Tour #2 for the time being until future plans are announced. In the meantime we'll just keep asking: "Any news?" and hope for a response other than "Still waitin'."
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

mxmx wrote:So that wraps things up with National Tour #2 for the time being until future plans are announced. In the meantime we'll just keep asking: "Any news?" and hope for a response other than "Still waitin'."
Loved this, perfectly said!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

mxmx wrote: All five Billys appeared for the final curtain call, unfortunately with no added time to take in the moment.
That was a nice gesture to allow Kylend to appear in the show, after his unexpected final performance as Billy the week before. Nice also that they invited all five Billys to appear for the final curtain call. I'm surprised they didn't take a minute to say something like, "Let's give a big round of applause for all five of the Billys who have performed in the U.S. tour" (obviously Michael Dameski and Guiseppe Bausilio couldn't be there). Not only would it have been a nice final bit of recognition, but it would have cleared up any confusion on the part of the casual fans in the audience as to who the four "other boys" were on stage alongside the Billy they had just seen.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Todd wrote:
mxmx wrote: All five Billys appeared for the final curtain call, unfortunately with no added time to take in the moment.
That was a nice gesture to allow Kylend to appear in the show, after his unexpected final performance as Billy the week before. Nice also that they invited all five Billys to appear for the final curtain call. I'm surprised they didn't take a minute to say something like, "Let's give a big round of applause for all five of the Billys who have performed in the U.S. tour" (obviously Michael Dameski and Guiseppe Bausilio couldn't be there). Not only would it have been a nice final bit of recognition, but it would have cleared up any confusion on the part of the casual fans in the audience as to who the four "other boys" were on stage alongside the Billy they had just seen.
I can only venture a guess, but I suspect the producers are trying to play down the hiatus; the less said the better sort of thing. Also, they may be negotiating with some of the cast to remain, and it could be a touchy subject as some will be back and some will not. I hope they did have a private cast party after, as it seems they wanted it all out of view of the public.
BEtourfan
Tony

Post by BEtourfan »

The Billy Elliot Tour website has now been updated to reflect that the show is "Now Playing in: St. Louis, Mo." Hopefully, this is cause for optimism.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

BEtourfan wrote:The Billy Elliot Tour website has now been updated to reflect that the show is "Now Playing in: St. Louis, Mo." Hopefully, this is cause for optimism.
If we had a "Like" button, I'd click it for this one. From your lips to God's ears. :D

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”