Peter Mazurowski

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Peter Mazurowski

Post by porschesrule »

Thommie Retter just tweeted this on his public Twitter:

"Peter Mazurowski was amazing in the first act of his final full performance on Broadway"

It's sounding like the final show on Sunday may be something similar to what they did in London for the 1st Anniversary show -- split the show up, with different scenes being done by different Billys.

https://twitter.com/#!/BwayThom/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Please let's not start a rumor about that. I have heard that idea put forth, but let's just wait and find out, please.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
mikey2573
Tall Boy

Post by mikey2573 »

I am not sure if I like that idea. Has it been done before?
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

ERinVA wrote:Do you have a public link to substantiate this?
http://www.facebook.com/#!/PeterMazurowskiFans
:/
muck912
Tall Boy

Post by muck912 »

ERinVA wrote:Please let's not start a rumor about that. I have heard that idea put forth, but let's just wait and find out, please.
I don't see how Thommie Retter's tweet can be read any other way. You have a cast member implying that Peter has a partial performance left.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

It's not about how it can be read. It's about what can be confirmed through public information. There is no confirmation of such a performance at this point, so it has to be considered speculation until and unless something is confirmed. That said, it would be wonderful if it happens.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
cincinnati
Tall Boy

Post by cincinnati »

Wow ... and wonder why a lot of things.....
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

mikey2573 wrote:I am not sure if I like that idea. Has it been done before?
To answer that question, yes, a tag-team performance of this type was done for the First Birthday show in London with the three original Billys, two of whom had left the show by that time, and it was ABSOLUTE GENIUS!!!!!!! The transitions from one Billy to the next were amazing, and the whole show was FAB.U.LOUS! I would love to see this happen with the four current Billys for the Broadway final show, but as I said above, there being no confirmation at this point, we have to consider the idea pure speculation.
Ellen

muck912
Tall Boy

Post by muck912 »

ERinVA wrote:
mikey2573 wrote:I am not sure if I like that idea. Has it been done before?
To answer that question, yes, a tag-team performance of this type was done for the First Birthday show in London with the three original Billys, two of whom had left the show by that time, and it was ABSOLUTE GENIUS!!!!!!! The transitions from one Billy to the next were amazing, and the whole show was FAB.U.LOUS! I would love to see this happen with the four current Billys for the Broadway final show, but as I said above, there being no confirmation at this point, we have to consider the idea pure speculation.
Ellen - tell us about the transitions!!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Well, my memory is a bit fuzzy since it was quite a while ago, but for example, for the toilet scene with Debbie, Liam entered the stall, but George came out! :D I was seated high enough in the Dress Circle that I could see Liam climb over the back of the toilet to exit the stall, and George climb over it to take his place. 8-)

In the scene in Mrs. Wilkinson's ballet class, all three Billys were involved at various points, and when Dad entered and confronted Billy with "What the bloody hell's going on here?" that line was hilarious, as he was faced with not one, but three Billys! Then two of them split off in either direction, and only one was left to finish the scene (I can't remember which one it was).

Before Born to Boogie, when Billy enters in his bathrobe and cries "Stop it, please!" James did that part of the scene and ran up the stairs to his bedroom, but when the set lowered, it was Liam who was sitting on the bed. 8-)

George did the Winter Scene with Michael (Brad Kavanagh), and began spinning the chair as the Swan Lake music started. Then Liam entered and took over the spinning, continuing on with the dance itself.

In that show, Liam, who was still in the show, did most of the dancing, but Angry Dance was taken by George, and Expressing Yourself was performed by James.
Ellen

Return to “Cast - Broadway”