Re: Joseph Harrington

Post by tyty »

For a review of Joseph as Billy, go here:

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... =28&t=2655
cincinnati
Tall Boy

Post by cincinnati »

Cincinnati is VERY proud of Joseph.......What a fine representation for our hometown.....Yeah...Mt. Healthy ....too....and Xavier University...
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

Joseph has a long career ahead of him. He is truly a class grade A performer.
cincinnati
Tall Boy

Post by cincinnati »

I have to admit that saying I am proud of the fact that Joseph is from my hometown in an understatement. I also have to begin by saying that if there ever was a showman that connected with the audience it is Joseph. The fact that Billy Elliot at anytime is really like multiple shows with each performers version is very prevalent now more so than ever with the current roster of Peter, Jacob, Alex and of course Joseph. That is the hidden magic in the cauldron of brilliance that Stephen Daldry brews. I for one say that a visit to see the very expressive Joseph Harrington is one that will amaze even the toughest critic. The magic that was in the air was very obvious early on in this performance. The moment that never fails to exist is one that is a sure to happen as regular as high gas prices is when the audience is dumbfounded by the shocking ability of the Billy when he shows his ability for the first real time in Solidarity. This night didn't fail as the people around me dropped their jaw in a way that would make any dentist happy. Joseph and Cameron captured the audience big time with Express, as this number seems to do more and more each visit I make. Cameron is very funny with his "time for a look in the mirror" bit.....the crowd went wild for that. Cameron had a very very funny moment, one that the audience I believe thought was part of the show, when at the end of the number when Joseph and Cameron were coming to the front of the stage, Cameron slipped on his right tap shoe, he quickly got up and smiled big time. Joseph has a magic about him that for sure captures the audience's heart and soul. When Joseph performs he for sure put's everthing that he can in every number. The facial expressions that Joseph shows are very obvious that this kid is in another zone of consciousness as he makes his way through the very physical aspects of the performance. The end of "Angry Dance' is very obvious of his work, Joseph is drenched by the end of this number. The "mustard" that Joseph puts on his work was in full effect this night as he really brushed his pants off hard and stared at the audience. The second look before he walked off stage was the clincher. This night when the lights started to come up the audience sat in disbelief of what they had just saw. The stunned crowd didn't seem to know what to do, get up or think that the "Cincinnati Kid" was coming right back for more. Swan Lake was performed with so much emotion that it had some in tears around me, that I have not ever seen but leave it to Joseph to do this. The end of the number Joseph was breathing so hard as he stood in front of Greg. The audience went nuts ..... the longest applause I have heard in a while at BETM. I must now tell you about a time that only comes around every now and then, like Michael's last performance of Electricity or Kiril's. Joseph had this audience so worked up that I could sense it in the air the build up to what was coming while the one's sitting around really didn't know. Joseph just flat out nailed Electricity, I actually noticed Greg smile a little towards the end, he knew that is was a magic moment at the Imperial. Joseph at the end was gasping for air and drenched with sweat. The crowd cheered and cheered. They knew that this blonde DYNAMO had just given them everything that was in him and more. Then for the first time I saw Joseph do something that he hasn't done before, he broke out of Billy and just smiled and smiled, tears came to his eyes....the emotion overcame him, he appreciated so much the love and respect the crowd was showing him. This was so obvious. I have to tell you the CLASSIC Joseph ending didn't fail either. The long stand with his back to the crowd as the cheering increased, he waited and waited then turned around. What a night at the Imperial. This show was just flat out super. My gosh, if there ever was a young actor made for Broadway, Joseph sure is, a showman he is.........what a talent.......
jsd337
Small Boy

Post by jsd337 »

I keep hearing great things about Joseph's showmanship. He's the only one of the current rotation that I haven't had the pleasure of seeing, so hopefully I get to do so when I come back to NY in September! He sounds fantastic. :D
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Nice review, cincinnati. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

It seems like your home city has really produced a great Billy for everyone to enjoy on Broadway. Glad to hear Joseph is doing so well. May his stay at the Imperial be long.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

According to the BETM Broadway and US Tour Facebook page:

"The New York Dance Parade is coming up on May 21st, and Joseph Harrington (one of the Broadway Billy's) is going to be one of the Grand Marshalls of the parade! Click below to learn more about the parade."

http://www.danceparade.org/EE/index.php ... d_marshal/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Joseph Harrington (Billy) served as the Grand Marshall for the New York Dance Parade on May 21, 2011. The Billy Elliot the Musical Facebook page has some pictures of the event:

http://www.facebook.com/BillyElliot#!/m ... 9281089839
dbc
Audience Member

Post by dbc »

A really cool interview with Joseph Harrington

http://www.vidyoara.com/izle/1015021095 ... -interview
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

dbc wrote: really cool interview with Joseph Harrington

http://www.vidyoara.com/izle/1015021095 ... -interview
This is a great interview with Joseph, which was first posted here on the Forum (one page back in this very thread) back in April, 2011 when it originally aired.

Return to “Cast - Broadway”