Marcus Pei: Billy, Chicago and Toronto

mrmikerocks
Miner

Re: Marcus Pei

Post by mrmikerocks »

The beginning of the show a gentleman which i cannot recall his name came out to introduce the new Billy, Marcus Pei and the gentleman said we were in for a real treat.(which was the truth). Marcus is a very talented dancer. He did a great job with the show. He is also a very good dancer as well. I enjoyed watching him. He sort of reminded me of Cesar a little bit with his dancing and singer. I would recommend checking Marcus out if you can because he is somebody that you will definitely enjoy watching dance and sing. He performed every number with enthusiasm and excitement. I can bet the house that if there was no announcement that this was his first performance, not one person would have been able to tell. He was strong and vibrant in his singing. Keean Johnson was Michael at this performance. The chemistry between the two during the Expressing Yourself number was very good. Marcus' angry dance was very good as well. I purposely knew this was his first performance as that is why I bought tickets because I wanted to experience a first performance. There were times I knew that this was his first performance but forgot because Marcus is a seasoned Billy. DO NOT miss your chance to see Marcus perform Billy as you will be in for a real treat. I met him after the show at the backstage door. He was a very nice and polite young man. His parents and family was there as well. His mother looked so proud of him and she should be because he was magnificent. I hope to see him again this weekend. Chicago is lucky to have him. Make plans to see Marcus really soon.
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks for the review on Marcus's debut mrmikerocks.

We have another star :D :D :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Thanks for providing that review, mrmikerocks. It seems that Marcus's journey as Billy has been launched in fine fashion. Best wishes to Marcus for many more excellent performances to come.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Good to read that he had an excellent debut. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

allthatsknown wrote:Is it standard for Chicago Billy's to have the same Electricity routine?
From everything I've read, it seems like they start out new Billys everywhere with a basic routine in "Electricity", and then, as they get more experience and settle into the role, the resident choreographer gradually helps them work more "signature" moves into it to make it their own.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

allthatsknown wrote:Haha... thought so... When I saw Mikey's last, he had some moves too that most do not do, and I guess that may have stuck in my mind.. I should pay attention more...After all, I do have 33 shows under my belt and soon to be 34 in an hour!!
Maybe ill see you. I'm going too. Lol
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

porschesrule wrote:
allthatsknown wrote:Is it standard for Chicago Billy's to have the same Electricity routine?
From everything I've read, it seems like they start out new Billys everywhere with a basic routine in "Electricity", and then, as they get more experience and settle into the role, the resident choreographer gradually helps them work more "signature" moves into it to make it their own.
The Billys' routines do get modified from time to time, sometimes to up the difficulty level as they progress as dancers, but they definitely do not all start with exactly the same routine. Of course there are moves that are the same from one Billy's routine to the other, but most Billys do have their own signature moves in place from the outset. This is not to say that over the history of the show no two Billys have done the same routine, because they probably have, but it isn't correct to say that they all start with the same routine.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

ERinVA wrote:
porschesrule wrote:
The Billys' routines do get modified from time to time, sometimes to up the difficulty level as they progress as dancers, but they definitely do not all start with exactly the same routine. Of course there are moves that are the same from one Billy's routine to the other, but most Billys do have their own signature moves in place from the outset. This is not to say that over the history of the show no two Billys have done the same routine, because they probably have, but it isn't correct to say that they all start with the same routine.
i would think it would also depend on what there strong suit is ie: ballet, gymnastics and such.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

That's correct.
Ellen

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

ERinVA wrote:The Billys' routines do get modified from time to time, sometimes to up the difficulty level as they progress as dancers, but they definitely do not all start with exactly the same routine. Of course there are moves that are the same from one Billy's routine to the other, but most Billys do have their own signature moves in place from the outset. This is not to say that over the history of the show no two Billys have done the same routine, because they probably have, but it isn't correct to say that they all start with the same routine.
I didn't mean to imply that the Billys all start with the "same" routine. What I meant was they usually begin with a more basic routine and gradually it gets features added to it over time. And yes, a very big part of that is playing to their strengths and backgrounds as a dancer and also their expertise in acro.

Return to “Cast - Toronto”