Last perfomance

Birthdays, Cast Changes etc.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Last perfomance

Post by mrmikerocks »

Does the chicago betm ever do anything special on the last show of a cast member?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Last perfomance

Post by ERinVA »

There hasn't been a last show for a cast member yet, but if Broadway is any indication, they won't. On Broadway, other than for the three originals, there have been no announcements at all.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

I see I guess it would be hard. It just doesn't seem fair not to recognize a person and all their hard work.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, we all agree that the way London does last nights is far preferable to what has been done here.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

It is kind of neat that at Giuseppe's last performance, Instead of saying cya michael, cya Billy they said cya Keean, cya Giuseppe. It added some emotion to the show.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

mrmikerocks wrote:It is kind of neat that at Giuseppe's last performance, Instead of saying cya michael, cya Billy they said cya Keean, cya Giuseppe. It added some emotion to the show.
That's a tradition that has been well used in the Broadway production. I wouldn't be surprised that Keean (and maybe Tommy Batchelor) had something to do with it carrying over to the Chicago production :lol:
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

It's good that the NY and Chicago shows have at least allowed the departing Billys and Michaels to change those lines on their last nights. At least it's something. Not much... but better than nothing at all.

As far as tradition goes, this is the way it has been done in London since the beginning of the show. Of course, in addition to this and the usual speech that is made in London, another tradition is that in the Letter Reprise, Dead Mum actually hugs Billy instead of just walking away.
Ellen

cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

Frankly, I was shocked that there was no overt recognition on Giuseppe's last performance night. I was deeply grateful to have bumped into him at the stage entrance door following the show...had my picture taken with him, and can't help but conclude that this was an extraordinary performer, young man, and a thoroughly class professional...and at such an early age. He will take the country by storm during his tenure on the national tour. Chicago's real loss.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

cws8998 wrote:that this was an extraordinary performer, young man, and a thoroughly class professional...and at such an early age. He will take the country by storm during his tenure on the national tour. Chicago's real loss.
Couldn't agree more, cws8998.

Welcome to the Forum, by the way, and hope you enjoy your stay and will post often.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

If we all find ourselves disappointed every time a Billy's final show is not recognized, there's going to be a whole lot of disappointment going on, because they aren't going to do anything to recognize any of them except maybe a bouquet at the end of the show (if that).
Ellen

Return to “Special Show Nights - Chicago”