Tanner Pflueger--Billy: London & Broadway

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Tanner Pflueger

Post by Billy Whiz »

Tanner was on this afternoon but the show was cancelled during the interval. A lady came on the stage (sorry but I don't know her name) and announced that due to circumstances beyond their control everybody would have to leave the theatre. Everybody was told to hang on to their tickets and contact the box office. No reason was given. I am not going to speculate and it would be appreciated if everybody would do the same.

I have been told that the show is going ahead as scheduled this evening.

Thanks to JohnH who relayed this information to me.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
SatinandLace
Tall Boy

Post by SatinandLace »

what? cancelled? Has that ever happened before? Hope Tanner and the rest of the cast are okay!
~Lauren~
8xTrent 3xSam 3xLayton 2xJosh F. 4xCorey
1xFox 1xHogan 2xScott 1xRhys
4xDavid 4xKiril 1xTanner
2xCesar 1xTommy 1xJ.P.
2xDaniel 2xLex 2xGuiseppe
1xKylend 1xKaine 1xJosh B.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

SatinandLace wrote:what? cancelled? Has that ever happened before? Hope Tanner and the rest of the cast are okay!
I believe all West End shows, including BETM were canceled 0n 7 July 2005, the day of the terrorist attacks on the London transport system. The BETM evening show for today was still scheduled to start on time when I checked, so whatever occurred was a temporary problem, and apparently had no effect on the cast.
SatinandLace
Tall Boy

Post by SatinandLace »

What I meant was, has the show ever been cancelled at the interval...sounds like a serious situation! I'm glad everyone seems to be okay. :)
~Lauren~
8xTrent 3xSam 3xLayton 2xJosh F. 4xCorey
1xFox 1xHogan 2xScott 1xRhys
4xDavid 4xKiril 1xTanner
2xCesar 1xTommy 1xJ.P.
2xDaniel 2xLex 2xGuiseppe
1xKylend 1xKaine 1xJosh B.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

It actually has been cancelled at the interval once before, because I was there ! It was Wednesday, June 7, 2006. I had a great seat - Row C stalls on the center aisle - and was seeing a Billy whom I hadn't seen before (Travis Yates). The interval seemed to last longer than normal and finally a staffer came onto the stage and said the 2nd half was going to have to be cancelled due to a technical problem.

It turned out there was a problem with the computer that controlled the pre-recorded music, sound-effects, etc. They said we could use our ticket to redeem it for a future show, but unfortunately I was flying back to the U.S. the next morning. :(
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

This blogger saw Tanner, and he says it all!
http://officialdjwm.wordpress.com/2009/ ... e-musical/
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
WM09
Audience Member

Post by WM09 »

ERinVA - glad you agree with my review!

I just logged onto my blog and saw over a hundred clicks from this website so i thought i would sign up!

It was my first time at the show last night, i was blown away and inspired by Tanner.

Will be seeing the show again hopefully soon!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum WM09. :D You can see my review of the three Tanner shows I saw on my recent trip to London in the UK March 2009 Reviews here: http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... 6&start=30
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

WM09 wrote: i was blown away and inspired by Tanner.
I have to agree with you. Tanner is quite superb.

Welcome to the forum by the way.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
WM09
Audience Member

Post by WM09 »

Thanks for the welcome! Your right about the strange effect, it seemed that my jaw was left hanging open for the majority of the performance, and not just Tanners, the rest of the cast were outstanding too. I thought Dean-Charles was hilarious and Annabelle played Debbie brilliantly getting a lot of laughs from the audience.

There's something about the music which really hit me, a lot of raw emotion, i actually bought the soundtrack today and it's been on repeat non stop, funny concidering i'm a hip hop DJ but i find musical's a nice step away from my everyday lifestyle.

Anyway, like i said Tanner was great, i've never seen another billy perform but from what i saw last night, he really was outstanding.

I must add also that i would have never known he was American without looking at the website, he pulls off the accent so well! He did accidently let it slip slightly last night whilst singing 'Electricity' but it was a minor and i still wouldn't have known he was American.

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”