Colin Bates

EddieM
Small Boy

Re: Colin Bates

Post by EddieM »

Colin,
You beat me to it. I was going to announce it on here for you. But you put in a lot more detail then I would have. ;)
colinbates817
Audience Member

Post by colinbates817 »

O no no no no....Falstaff is not my band!
For those of you who have checked that link for myspace, That is just my two friends who are going to be in the new band with me.....I am not in Falstaff...so that's not me sining or anything.................They are breaking away from Falstaff and we are all making a new band and getting professionally recorded by a record label..........we will get a website soon with band shots and everything but we aren't recording until the end of the summer....I just wanted to make the anouncement early so everyone can get ready!! ...we haven't come up with a definite name but we like .........."New Freedom" or "Exit 36"........ what do you think? (hint it's where we all met in PA)

I am meeting with the rest of the band in May to practice for the whole summer so that when we come back out to LA in August we will be completely ready to record and start performing...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jabka
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jabka »

Sorry I think we were all getting excited about your band. :oops:

Keep us updated on how you are doing and when you get a web site as we would love to see it and hear more of what you are up to.
Ruth
23/05/07 the day Billy danced into my life :D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
SatinandLace
Tall Boy

Post by SatinandLace »

"New Freedom" sound cool!
~Lauren~
8xTrent 3xSam 3xLayton 2xJosh F. 4xCorey
1xFox 1xHogan 2xScott 1xRhys
4xDavid 4xKiril 1xTanner
2xCesar 1xTommy 1xJ.P.
2xDaniel 2xLex 2xGuiseppe
1xKylend 1xKaine 1xJosh B.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

colinbates817 wrote:we like .........."New Freedom" or "Exit 36"........ what do you think? (hint it's where we all met in PA)
I think both names sound cool.... 8-)

How about if I set up a poll to find out what forum members think? :?
sfo
George

Post by sfo »

welcome to the forum
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Hey Colin - Make that one more vote for New Freedom ! I'm guessing that Exit 36 is an actual highway exit from back home ? The reason why that came to mind is because some guys at my high school named their band Alternate 69 after a highway of the same name near where we lived. Anyway, best of luck and I look forward to hearing your music !
colinbates817
Audience Member

Post by colinbates817 »

o believe..................... me you will hear when we come to england!
Yes exit 36 is the exit to the town new freedom....sure you can set up a pole.
Steamboy
Tall Boy

Post by Steamboy »

Hi Colin, nice to see you here. I didn't get a chance to see you in BETMUK, you were home for Thanksgiving during my first Billython, but I was hoping to see a countryman on stage (oh, well).

One thought about naming your band 'New Freedom'... if you go to the, ah, 'feminine hygiene' aisle at the supermarket, you'll probably find a product there bearing that name. That doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't use the name, but you should be aware that you might be opening yourself *WIDE* to a certain class of jokes. ;) 8-) :lol:

Here's to good luck in the future!
wert
Small Boy

Post by wert »

I've just goggled "New Freedom" and there appears to be a band in NZ called "The New Freedom". Don't know if that makes a difference? Also it has it's own entry in Wiki as it's something to do with Woodrow Wilson but I'm sure you Americans know far more about that than me. :D

Return to “Cast - London”