Colin Bates

EddieM
Small Boy

Re: Colin Bates

Post by EddieM »

Dancer,
The 817 is Colin's birthday. August 17. :)
Dancer
Ballet Girl

Post by Dancer »

EddieM wrote:Dancer,
The 817 is Colin's birthday. August 17. :)
Thanks, EddieM. Of course! I should have worked that out myself as I did know that Colin's birthday is the 17th August!
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

....and he will be 19 years old this year!! Don't that make you feel a little bit old! :o
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Muppet wrote:Don't that make you feel a little bit old! :o
You are Muppet, you are ;)
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Billy Whiz wrote:
Muppet wrote:Don't that make you feel a little bit old! :o
You are Muppet, you are ;)
LOL. I always feel quite young until I look at myself in a mirror! They should be banned!! :|
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Muppet wrote:LOL. I always feel quite young until I look at myself in a mirror! They should be banned!! :|
I know what you mean. I always get a shock when I look in the mirror and see my dad looking back at me :?
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Billy Whiz wrote:
Muppet wrote:LOL. I always feel quite young until I look at myself in a mirror! They should be banned!! :|
I know what you mean. I always get a shock when I look in the mirror and see my dad looking back at me :?
I think you may need to buy a new mirror!

Anyway, back to Colin....

I hope we see him back in London again someday...
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

It was great having had the opportunity of seeing Colin as Billy on many, many occasions. I used to like that extra somersault he did in the early stages of Swan Lake. He was a showman par excellence in my view.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Westletonion wrote:II used to like that extra somersault he did in the early stages of Swan Lake. He was a showman par excellence in my view.
And I believe Colin was the first Billy to do the somersaults from the rear to the front of the stage at the final curtain call. Anyway, he was the first I saw doing that. And Colin did three of them. A few others managed three, but some settled for two.

Colin went all out on his final night and did the third forward somersault balled up, using no hands, as does Fox now, and then added two backward somersaults before motioning for the other cast members to come back on stage. Yes, quite the showman indeed.
EddieM
Small Boy

Post by EddieM »

Colin did the three when I saw him in Oliver in '05. The crowd went beserk!!
I thought it became his signature!

Return to “Cast - London”