Los Angeles, CA

cglaid
Small Boy

Re: Los Angeles, CA

Post by cglaid »

I've sat in both the orchestra and mezzanine at the Pantages, and let me tell you, there is not a single bad seat in the mezzanine. Wonderful views all about, clear sight lines to the stage. Usually when you "rush" the seats are in the double lettered rows of the orchestra, and I think I might prefer the mezzanine to those. You will be fine. The Pantages is a big theater with loads of seats.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

cglaid wrote:I've sat in both the orchestra and mezzanine at the Pantages, and let me tell you, there is not a single bad seat in the mezzanine. Wonderful views all about, clear sight lines to the stage. Usually when you "rush" the seats are in the double lettered rows of the orchestra, and I think I might prefer the mezzanine to those. You will be fine. The Pantages is a big theater with loads of seats.
Thanks cglaid. I appreciate the input. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens when it gets down to about a month before the show. Maybe some seats are being held on to that will be released closer to the run. But if I can't get weekend Billython seats that are close enough to see the expressions on the actors faces I'm not going to bother with all the extra travel expenses. It's just me. I need to be close to the stage for this show or I'm afraid it won't be the same experience I had in Portland. I'm not willing to take that chance. What can I say? ;)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
BEtourfan
Tony

Post by BEtourfan »

dongringo wrote:But if I can't get weekend Billython seats that are close enough to see the expressions on the actors faces I'm not going to bother with all the extra travel expenses.
I completely agree about being close enough to see the actors expressions.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

BEtourfan wrote:
dongringo wrote:But if I can't get weekend Billython seats that are close enough to see the expressions on the actors faces I'm not going to bother with all the extra travel expenses.
I completely agree about being close enough to see the actors expressions.
Thank you for your understanding in this important matter. 8-)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

How high is the stage there compared to the seats...ie are way forward seats to close to see the back of the stage or like the imperial the best seats?
skkmercury
Small Boy

Post by skkmercury »

I live near LA and go to the Pantages often. The stage there is higher than at the Imperial (been to the Imperial twice), but there is an isle between the first row and the front of the stage/orchestra pit, so you're a tad bit further away. There isn't any problem seeing the back of the stage. The Pantages has around 2000 seats, but I've never been terribly dissappointed with any seat. The orchestra section is huge, and the seats to the extreme left or right side can have sight line problems. So, if there are seats to avoid, these would be them.

Also, to date, the Pantages seems to have only released Billy Elliot tickets in the first 25 (of 36) rows of the orchestra section. No tickets have been released in the mezzanine section. I'm not sure why this is. I've never looked for tickets this far in advance, so I can't say if this is normal or not. Every show I've been to at the Pantages has been nearly packed, so surely tickets in the mezzanine and the rear orchestra will be opened up at some point.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum skkmercury. :D Hope you will enjoy it here.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

skkmercury wrote:to date, the Pantages seems to have only released Billy Elliot tickets in the first 25 (of 36) rows of the orchestra section. No tickets have been released in the mezzanine section. I'm not sure why this is. I've never looked for tickets this far in advance, so I can't say if this is normal or not. Every show I've been to at the Pantages has been nearly packed, so surely tickets in the mezzanine and the rear orchestra will be opened up at some point.
They may have a schools campaign or similar group promotion they're organizing.

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

skkmercury wrote:I live near LA and go to the Pantages often. The stage there is higher than at the Imperial (been to the Imperial twice), but there is an isle between the first row and the front of the stage/orchestra pit, so you're a tad bit further away. There isn't any problem seeing the back of the stage. The Pantages has around 2000 seats, but I've never been terribly dissappointed with any seat. The orchestra section is huge, and the seats to the extreme left or right side can have sight line problems. So, if there are seats to avoid, these would be them.

Also, to date, the Pantages seems to have only released Billy Elliot tickets in the first 25 (of 36) rows of the orchestra section. No tickets have been released in the mezzanine section. I'm not sure why this is. I've never looked for tickets this far in advance, so I can't say if this is normal or not. Every show I've been to at the Pantages has been nearly packed, so surely tickets in the mezzanine and the rear orchestra will be opened up at some point.
Thanks for the info...and Welcome!
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

Pantages Theatre Launches BILLY ELLIOT Tutu Contest
In honor of its upcoming L.A. premiere engagement of BILLY ELLIOT THE MUSICAL, the Pantages Theatre is declaring that Thursday 2/2 to be “Tutu Day.”
Contest also includes free tickets and 2-for-1 deals.

Return to “Billy Elliot the Musical - N. Amer./Int'l Tour”