Cameron Clifford: Michael, Broadway and US Tour

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Cameron Clifford: Michael, Broadway and US Tour

Post by kport »

Welcome back, Cameron! I witnessed your 'final' performance in Boston, and look forward to seeing you again in Schenectady.

Surely Cameron should be moved to the 'Current Cast = International Tour'?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

First things first. 8-) Here's the link that confirms Cameron's return for the final US leg of the tour:

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... 627#p87627

Now I'll move his thread back into Current Cast.

Welcome back, Cameron. I look forward to seeing you again in Hartford. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Mactor17
Small Boy

Post by Mactor17 »

Welcome back Cameron! Can't wait to see him perform in Hartford!
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

OMG! What a delight it'll be to see Cameron again in Schenectady and Hartford! Forgive me while I wax rhapsodic, but I was there at Cameron's final Broadway performance, his "final" Tour performance in Boston AND his "final" Tour performance in Austin. I met his parents in Austin as well and distinctly recall his mom's comment, "Like a bad penny, we just keep turning up again and again." (Or some variant on the bad penny theme) It really is fabulous to witness yet another Cameron return!
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Welcome back Cameron, the only Michael (at least on this continent) to come out of retirement twice! I was at his first show back as Michael tonight, and you would never be able to tell that he has been away for nearly 10 months. His timing and antics were all spot on. :D

I spoke with both Cam and his mom at the stage door after the show. His mom confirmed that he is staying on through Hartford and Brazil.
:/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

CJ-Rochester wrote:I was at his first show back as Michael tonight, and you would never be able to tell that he has been away for nearly 10 months.
Actually it wasn't quite that long ago that he played the role, having covered for Sam when the latter took a few weeks off (28-Nov-2012 to 16-Dec-2012), but your point is well taken.

Apparently, for Cam, it's like the proverbial riding of a bicycle -- once you've got it down, how to do it comes right back to you after a layoff. ;)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Is he listed in the program as "Cam"? I thought it was Cameron. I have checked the Cast and Creatives section on the official site. The site has not been updated yet, but I believe it was "Cameron" in the past.

As for the bike riding, I recall reading in an article that Jacob Zelonky actually had to learn to ride a bike, as he had never ridden one before he was cast as Michael, but I didn't know there were two Michaels who didn't know how to ride one, if that's what the ;) is implying. Interesting.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

What great news
You were great as Michael
Can't wait to see you again
WELCOME BACK CAMERON
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

porschesrule wrote: Actually it wasn't quite that long ago that he played the role, having covered for Sam when the latter took a few weeks off (28-Nov-2012 to 16-Dec-2012), but your point is well taken.

Thanks for the reminder that he filled in for Sam during those few weeks last fall. It's hard to believe I forgot about that. :oops:

Anyway he seemed very happy to be back on stage last night. At the stage door he came directly over to me and thanked me for coming. Even though he and I had never spoken much at all, he must have recognized me from previous shows. More often I have chatted with his parents than with him.
:/
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

Cameron posted a picture of himself and several cast members with the caption "Last billy Elliot rehearsal in the US today!! "

Ty's smiling face is front row center !

All on Cameron's public instagram page.

http://instagram.com/p/cST402RF3r/

Return to “Cast - N. American/International Tour”