From DT to BE

A place for new members to introduce themselves
dongringo
Debbie

From DT to BE

Post by dongringo »

Hi, I've been around the forum for about a week now so thought I'd make a proper introduction.....for what it's worth. :lol:

Anyway, I'm a fairly regular guy (I think), a huge fan of progressive rock music like Dream Theater (hence the DT in the subject) and Porcupine Tree. So why BETM? I'm also a fan of indie movies and Billy Elliot is my favorite movie of all time. Like many people, when I first saw the movie in the theater it resonated with me in so many ways and was a deeply moving (and totally unexpected) experience. I remember reading that it had been made into a musical shortly after it opened in London. So I watched a few youtube clips and called it a day. If I can't see it myself, I don't get to excited. Then I saw that it opened in NY a few years later. Not having the time or the means to travel to NY to see it I watched a few clips then put it out of mind. I didn't even know about the first U.S. tour. Well, I also enjoy attending local and touring theater productions, but haven't done so lately due to the fact that there have been so many concerts come to town that I've wanted to see and well...can't do it all. But a couple weeks ago I was in the mood for some live theater and was floored to see BETM in the Broadway programming. So now I'm right back into this incredible story once again. I've been listening to the soundtrack and, while I haven't even yet seen the musical, the music makes me feel like I have. Only three weeks until my first BETM show and I can hardly wait.

Anyway, enough about me... ;)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: From DT to BE

Post by ERinVA »

Glad that the show is coming to your town so that you will finally get to see it. I know you're going to love it as much as the rest of us on this forum do! :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Welcome to the Forum.

I'm sure you will love the show when you get to see it.

Please write a review and give us your impressions.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

Welcome to the forum! :D

Rich
BILLYFAN
Debbie

Post by BILLYFAN »

Welcome to the forum
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Thanks everyone. I will indeed write a review...well...actually five reviews. :lol:
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

dongringo wrote:I will indeed write a review...well...actually five reviews. :lol:
Even better :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Welcome aboard!

What? You have signed up for 5 shows without having seen one yet? Congratulations!!! That's terrific.

Enjoy the forum and the shows!!
maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
ActingDude17
Tall Boy

Post by ActingDude17 »

Welcome to the forum! I remember watching the Tony performances back in 2009 and thinking that my only chance at seeing the show was if a tour came to NC. Though I've been to NY twice, both trips have been with student groups that voted for shows (Billy Elliot only in existence the second time, and not chosen anyway). Sure enough, the tour came. National tours are such a wonderful thing, aren't they? Next time I'm in NY I wouldn't mind seeing the show again at all.
UK/Ireland Tour
Billy: Lewis Smallman
Michael: Elliot Stiff

2nd American Tour
Billy: Giuseppe Bausilio, Michael Dameski, Ty Forhan
Michael: Griffin Birney x2, Cameron Clifford
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

maria wrote:Welcome aboard!

What? You have signed up for 5 shows without having seen one yet? Congratulations!!! That's terrific.

Enjoy the forum and the shows!!
maria
Well, I've seen the movie like 25 times so figured I'd just divide that by 5 and that's how many times I'd go. :lol:

Seriously... I love the movie, story, music, and vids. This is my chance. Going for it. Plus there are different family members and friends I want to take, but not all together. This gave me more excuses to go to more shows. ;)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Return to “New Members”