Julian Elia: Billy - Toronto & New York

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Julian Elia: Billy - Toronto & New York

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Before the show started Gina Rattan, the resident director, came out and made the announcement, as she did for Giuseppe's debut. She announced this would be a special show as Julian was making his debut as the 16th and final of the multi-talented boys to play Billy in the Broadway production.

She gave us a little background info on Julian, mentioning that he came from the Toronto production and asked everyone to welcome him. There was strong applause, setting the stage for what would be an excellent show. :D
:/
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Per the schedule (Peter on vacation + Joseph and Tade did last 2 shows on Tuesday night and today's matinee) I'm expecting hopefully to see Julian tomorrow night at The Imperial. Can't wait! =)

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Julian graces the cover (and has the lead story) in the latest issue of Dance Canada Quarterly magazine, a picture of that cover was posted by his dance school, Elite Danceworx:

http://yfrog.com/ocjvycpj

Here's the magazine's website:

http://web.me.com/c_dawg2/DCQ/Articles.html
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Per the BETM Broadway public Twitter:

"Tade Biesinger & Julian Elia will be attending the NYC premiere of the Stephen Daldry-directed Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close tonight!"

http://twitter.com/#!/BillyElliot/
rootbeer
Small Boy

Post by rootbeer »

See ya Julian!
Broadway
06/27/09: David A./David B.
Tour
12/07/11: Lex/Jacob
12/11/11: JP/Jacob
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

Here is a video about Joseph Harrington's ballet training. The video also includes significant footage of Julian.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

LiamM wrote:Here is a video about Joseph Harrington's ballet training. The video also includes significant footage of Julian.
Thanks for the link Liam. I wish the music was a little quiter so that you could hear clearly what Joseph was saying :(
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Julian and his sister Rosie performed with this dance team in a recent competition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=078pvNLc ... ture=share
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

porschesrule wrote:Julian and his sister Rosie performed with this dance team in a recent competition:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=078pvNLc ... ture=share
Wow this was nice! It is a great ensemble piece but Julian and Rosie are both featured quite prominently. It's cute seeing brother and sister pirouette together at the 1:20 mark. :D
:/
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

Here is a great opportunity to see Julian on stage again. Julian's family has asked me to share with all the fans that he and his sister Rosalie will be performing in the Elite Danceworx year-end show in June. They will each be in 6-8 numbers, including a solo by Julian! The rest of the show will be great too. Remember, this is the dance school that, in addition to Julian, brought us Ty Forhan, and So You Think You Can Dance Canada stars Joey Arrigo, Lindsay Leuschner, and Geisha Chin.

The show runs June 11, 12, 13 at Flato Markham Theatre, 171 Town Blvd Ctr, Markham, Ontario, just north of Toronto.

Ticket go on sale this Friday, May 25 at 11:00. I understand that this show sells out fast, so don't delay.

Return to “Cast - Broadway”