Ty Forhan: Billy - Toronto and International Tour

mrmikerocks
Miner

Re: Ty Forhan

Post by mrmikerocks »

maria wrote:Was there any official announcement of Ty's last night???
I don't recall seeing one anywhere but at the show they made an announcement at the beginning of the show and at the end Rich Hebert spoke briefly about ty. It was very nice and Ty was very emotional.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Based on his reviews (and the biased fact that he is Canadian) I had always hoped to see Ty perform as Billy, but I never got the chance. Alas, I shall not.
However all the best to him, sounds like he has a bright future!

Has there ever been any situation where a Billy has returned to the show in another role, such as Older Billy?
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Not as far as I am aware.

We have had previous Billys come to the Victoria Palace and work as a stage hand as part of their work experience though.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

haha that's kindof cool! Although, going from star of the show to not even being on stage... would probably be quite an emotional adjustment.
I sure do wanna see the show in London!
AllegedlyOlivia
Audience Member

Post by AllegedlyOlivia »

Best of luck, Ty. As my first (and probably only) Billy, you'll always have a close place in my heart.
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

GEEZ...I miss a couple of days online and the whole world goes upside down. As they say across the pond I was just " Gutted" to hear of Ty's departure..
I was soo looking forward to seeing Ty in Boston, I missed him four times in Florida and thought surely I would see one more time. The night I saw him in St. Louis was really magical, probably my favorite all time theatre experience.
Here's hoping that he enjoys himself back in Canada and continues his "journey" as Sir Elton says.

I will be in Boston for the 26th and 27th and possibly the 28th; can't wait to see Ben and Noah for the first time as Billy, and/or looking forward to seeing Kylend and Zach for the third time each.
gpcolo
George

Post by gpcolo »

I happened to have caught a program this morning called Career Day. The focus today was stage performers and Ty was featured describing a day in his life on tour (The piece was filmed last May at L.A.'s Pantages Theater but this is the first time it has been shown). Ty was very articulate describing the long days and how he really wants to perform for an audience. Billy Elliot was one of four shows featured on the 30 minute program. Check your local listings. So far the piece has not shown up on the Career Day web site. http://www.es.tv/show/career-day/
tzwicky
George

Possible help

Post by tzwicky »

Perhaps I can help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I could see, there were oodles of "Careers" shows possibly available, if only on the site linked above. But since I don't watch TV on my computer, I searched a bit deeper.

I really doubt it's possible I could be this lucky, but according to the site (if I read it correctly), the next episode to show in my area (which might mean, also, everywhere in the US possibly) is Season 3, Episode 14, which is the "Stage Career" episode which includes "BETM".

In my area, it's showing on CW Network at noon, March 3rd. In my area, CW is the bastard stepchild of the CBS owned and operated station, so programming can be spotty and dodgy. Like that's where I watch "TMZ" but when there's some goofy sport show they cannot air on the CBS station, they jam it onto the regularly programmed stuff, and the regular programming just never gets telecast in my area.

For me to be so lucky as to find something like this on my TV and be able to grab the exact episode out of 44 that I'd want to see most, is improbable, so take this with a mountain of salt.

I might be misinterpreting, mistaking, or just imagining all the pieces falling into place perfectly. Or I could be right.

So check next Sunday on CW at noon for "Careers", just in case the impossible (no, not the film with the very talented Tom Holland) is really scheduled. It would be great to see Ty on screen at least, since he's one of my "missed Billys."

tzwicky
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for that info, tzwicky. Will give it a try.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
gpcolo
George

Post by gpcolo »

tzwicky wrote:Perhaps I can help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I could see, there were oodles of "Careers" shows possibly available, if only on the site linked above. But since I don't watch TV on my computer, I searched a bit deeper.

I really doubt it's possible I could be this lucky, but according to the site (if I read it correctly), the next episode to show in my area (which might mean, also, everywhere in the US possibly) is Season 3, Episode 14, which is the "Stage Career" episode which includes "BETM".

In my area, it's showing on CW Network at noon, March 3rd. In my area, CW is the bastard stepchild of the CBS owned and operated station, so programming can be spotty and dodgy. Like that's where I watch "TMZ" but when there's some goofy sport show they cannot air on the CBS station, they jam it onto the regularly programmed stuff, and the regular programming just never gets telecast in my area.

For me to be so lucky as to find something like this on my TV and be able to grab the exact episode out of 44 that I'd want to see most, is improbable, so take this with a mountain of salt.

I might be misinterpreting, mistaking, or just imagining all the pieces falling into place perfectly. Or I could be right.

So check next Sunday on CW at noon for "Careers", just in case the impossible (no, not the film with the very talented Tom Holland) is really scheduled. It would be great to see Ty on screen at least, since he's one of my "missed Billys."

tzwicky
Yes, that's it. The local CW station in Denver ran it this morning. The other shows given a piece of the 30 minutes were Cirque du Soleil and Riverdance. There was also an adult ballerina (not from B.E.) talking abut her career.

Return to “Cast - N. American/International Tour”