Ty Forhan: Billy - Toronto and International Tour

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ty Forhan

Post by porschesrule »

KR200 wrote:doesn't the SF stop on the US tour start at the end of June and end in Sept? Wasn't the original plan to do a sit down run in SF? Will they some how transfer this company to SF in Sept? Would that even make sense?
The current scheduling for the US Tour has San Francisco listed for June 27 to September 17, 2011. The tour itinerary has that cast moving on to Madison, Wisconsin beginning on September 21st. Therefore, it could mean Ty will transfer to the Tour cast right after Toronto closes on September 3rd, and spend the final two weeks in SF with his new cast and then move on with them.

It would be very surprising if the show at the Orpheum Theatre in SF were extended beyond September 17th, with a new cast (i.e. the current Toronto cast). There would have to be terrific ticket sales during the three months of the current planned run there and the likelihood that pace could be sustained for longer, especially in the area of group sales, in order for an extended run to happen. I personally don't see that happening.

So back to what I said in my original post on the subject... either the article is in error, with the writer using old information that had the whole Toronto cast moving on to SF and then to LA, or Ty will be permanently joining the cast of the US Tour with that production continuing as presently scheduled.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

What about Julian? And Ethan? And Kylend and Lex? Myles and JP? Seems like they will have too many Billies at the end of the Summer, even assuming Daniel and Marcus outgrow the role.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Ty's dance school, Elitedanceworx, has just tweeted on it's public twitter that Ty will debut this Sunday, May 22nd.

"Just confirmed that student Ty Forhan will make his debut as BILLY this Sunday @1:30pm at the Canon Theatre in the hit musical Billy Elliot!"

http://twitter.com/elitedanceworx/
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

accessmenj wrote:What about Julian? And Ethan? And Kylend and Lex? Myles and JP? Seems like they will have too many Billies at the end of the Summer, even assuming Daniel and Marcus outgrow the role.
By my math the tour will need one and broadway will need one leaving one extra Billy, who could be kept in reserve for the next opening. More concerned if the Michaels can transfer anytime soon, sure hope so:)
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

accessmenj wrote:What about Julian? And Ethan? And Kylend and Lex? Myles and JP? Seems like they will have too many Billies at the end of the Summer, even assuming Daniel and Marcus outgrow the role.
I think as a general rule of thumb the Billys last for about a year. Some have gone much longer, but only a few. By this fall the tour will have been going about a year. Also keep in mind the current Toronto Billys all started in Chicago at various times in 2010. At least some of these Billys will cycle out, unless our scientists find a way of reversing nature. ;)
:/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Sounds like Ty is having a great first show from this posting on the Billy Elliot T.O. Facebook page:

Apparently Ty's doing a fantastic job at the canon theatre today heres a tweet from the Elite Danceworx:
Should have worn waterproof mascara --- he's amazing.....this hits the top of the proudest moments list! Wow TY-so proud of our Billy Elliot
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I assume you will be writing a review for us. 8-) :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Well, if you can't write a review without ranking Billys against each other on a good/better/best basis, then I guess we will have to do without one. Personally, I don't believe it would be that difficult to write a good review that observes our guidelines, but it's your choice. 8-)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Shimmyshimmy I think your review on the Billy Elliot T.O. Facebook page is fine to post on here as is. Perhaps you can alter one line, but the rest should be perfect. So glad you were there to see Ty's debut. :D
:/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Looks great, Alan. Glad someone was there to capture Ty's first performance. It would seem the Toronto show won't miss a beat with the departure of Cesar. Ty sounds like he's a real triple threat. The Billy casting people have done it again!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Return to “Cast - N. American/International Tour”