A great write up in his local newspaper

http://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/south ... -28523736/
athadj
Miner

Re: Ryan Collinson

Post by athadj »

andrewcraig wrote:A great write up in his local newspaper

What a nice article. This boy sounds so special (but aren't they all?), can't wait to see him! And once again we are reminded how much effort it takes from those kids and what a long process it is to get on the VP stage. I mean his first audition was October 2009 and he moved to London almost 8 months ago! Wow :o it's not easy being Billy! Go Ryan!
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

andrewcraig wrote:A great write up in his local newspaper

Yes, when I got my local paper this morning, it was nice to see a large article about Ryan on page 1 & 3.

(Oh and now you all know where I lived up until last year, I am now just around the corner! lol)

We have a lot of talent in this town and it's great to see another local lad making it to the West End. 8-) ;)
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Thanks so much, Bob. :D

Pat
tzwicky
George

Not putting up the poster of Ryan would be proof of insanity

Post by tzwicky »

Pleasantly surprising a new Billy in rotation is just about the best thing a BillyManiac can do.

I'll contribute to surprising and appalling front of house staff at the VPT. Mumblings of "That grayish Yank is back in Row B. Watch your Ps and Qs!" (whatever they are) could well be heard starting this weekend.

Saturday Matinee to Saturday Evening show (the following week, every show booked) , pretty much glued into that area but for a few shows.

I would not mind at all seeing a LOT of Ryan Collinson on stage, but the same goes for the other current Billys.

tzwicky
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Not putting up the poster of Ryan would be proof of insanity

Post by Billy Whiz »

tzwicky wrote:Watch your Ps and Qs!" (whatever they are)
It goes back to the days when typesetting was done by hand. When the compositor was putting together the type it was read upside down and back to front. It was very easy to get your Ps and Qs mixed up. This was then spotted later when a proof was taken and it would mean that the compositor had to start taking the type apart to make the alterations. This, of course, cost time and therefore money.

A good way to try it out is to get a newspaper hold it upside down and try and read it in a mirror. I was a compositor so I know how difficult it is.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

That was an interesting explanation, Billy Whiz. Thanks for enlightening us about that expression. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

It's always an exciting time at the VPT when a new Billy comes along. You know they're out there and you know the Company will find 'em and you can't wait to see 'em perform.

Ryanair is No. 1 between Dublin and London but Larry Olivier and Jack Gielgud are quaking in their (heavenly) boots tonight as their reputations as the No. 1 actors in the UK were put on the line by Ryan's air of authority produced onstage at the matinee today. There was not one millisecond in the show when he wasn't putting on a superb display of acting. The agony and the ecstacy was conveyed not just with words but with looks, body movements and extraordinary self-mutterings that didn't require us to be expert lip-readers to interpret. Add to that an Angry Dance that must have sent shockwaves to the demolition crews working in the buildings next door to the theatre. And what an Electricity - street style - I have a mental picture of this gravity-defying human dynamo covering all areas of the stage. Air and ground work brought together in truly spectacular style. No wonder we all leapt to our feet as he arrived back on his feet having finished off with the famous wall flip. His (eventual) gentle smile told all and sundry that he knew he had hit the jackpot. MUST-SEE.

This was my lucky third time to see Ryan in action since watching his glorious debut only 23 days ago and already his dramatic low-postured final pose at the end of Solidarity is another golden moment to watch out for. I hope the Dad's will not delay their entrances at this point in the show because holding that particular pose for any length of time requires muscles as strong as a ship's berthing cables.

Despite the many times I've seen the show it still never ceases to amaze me that anyone that age can do the things they have to do on that particular stage. If you were to name the 7 Wonders of the World of this century then the role of Billy would be one of them and Ryan is the latest in the line to prove it. Miss him at your peril.

Pat
Pilot
Audience Member

Post by Pilot »

Add to that an Angry Dance that must have sent shockwaves to the demolition crews working in the buildings next door to the theatre.
Just to point out that the building being demolished is right behind the stage of the VPT and its name.... (Billy) Elliot House!
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

What can I say Ryan? SUPERB PERFORMANCE ON SATURDAY EVENING!

Read my detailed thoughts in the reviews thread.

Return to “Cast - London”