Tade Biesinger - Billy: Broadway, London and Muny

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tade Biesinger

Post by ERinVA »

So that the rest of you don't wonder where this information came from, here's a reminder:
lil_levy88 wrote:Knowing Tade auditioned for Billy Elliot in January 2010 is part of why I joined this forum! Ive been a nanny for Tade and his 4 younger siblings in Utah since 2007 and for Tade and one of his brothers in NY since 2010. Tade is a terrific dancer, a true stage charmer, and Ive been watching him practicing his Geordie accent and singing and acting (loves acting, initially shy but finally grew confident in singing). I cant wait to see him star in
my favorite musical. And in a few years maybe Brooks, the brother currently in NY with Tade, will be auditioning for Michael or Billy. Congrats to Tade!
Thanks for letting us know. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

I sounds like Tade is on schedule for his debut. Thommie Retter posted this on his Twitter this afternoon:
Tech rehearsal right now for our new "Billy" Tade
:/
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Break a leg tonight in your debut Tade!

http://yfrog.com/h042yfkj
:/
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Guess it's time to move this thread into current cast!

Congratulations to Tade on his opening night!!!!
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's a nice article and interview. Enjoy. :D

http://go.standard.net/story/bountiful- ... t-broadway
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

Hmm. I'm the first on this forum to write a review about Tade. Such pressure. I'll put my comments about Tade here to establish a reference point and other comments about the show in the May review section.

May 29, 2011 evening
First impression: What a natural Tade is on stage! Pretty impressive for this being just his 4th performance as Billy and he is very believable in the role. There are no nerves or jitters to be seen. There was one semblance of an awkward moment and it was exactly where it makes sense for it to be - when Debbie makes her "offer".

Tade's singing is special. That doesn't mean it's perfect, not yet anyway. But besides hitting the notes competently and confidently, there were a few places where Tade had a different inflection and/or nuance that gave the line more meaning. A few lines of dialog where that was the case too, although I found the tweak to the musical lyrics more significant.

A few very minor items that will be adjusted with more experience. Like in Angry Dance, ending up mid-stage and having to crawl all the way to the front in order to get the pieces to throw at the police. That's all I remember specifically at this point, but other things were similar in nature, where position could have been better.

Another significant thing Tade did: When Mrs. Wilkinson reads out "Star Trek Annual", Tade not only gives the Vulcan greeting, but holds his hand so that all the audience can see it, instead of only those with Mrs. Wilkinson's view. Smart move.

Dancing showed the form that got him the Billy role. Very good as an eleven-year-old that will only get better as he matures.

All in all, very impressed with Tade's performance even at this early stage. Looking forward to seeing him more.
tzwicky
George

Post by tzwicky »

atreyu wrote:Another significant thing Tade did: When Mrs. Wilkinson reads out "Star Trek Annual", Tade not only gives the Vulcan greeting, but holds his hand so that all the audience can see it, instead of only those with Mrs. Wilkinson's view. Smart move.
"Live long and prosper," both of you.

tzwicky
cincinnati
Tall Boy

Post by cincinnati »

Tade has joined this company with all the signs of being an old pro. I agree with your views ........ The Vulcan sign, point you make is something that I made metion to two other Billy's in the past...
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

To Tade's nanny, his family and his friends, thank you for joining our wonderful fan community here. I've met so many great people through this beautiful show, and I'm sure you will too! On Sunday afternoon this past weekend, I walked into the lobby of the Imperial and looked at the board while on line to go in for the show. A fist pump and out loud "yes!" joined a huge smile on my face when I saw Tade's name up as Billy.

A few of us fans from Billy Elliot The Forum and the Friends of Billy forum attended the "Finding Billy" screening and talk-back that Tade participated in last month before his debut as Billy. It's common to expect young performers to be great on stage but shy off stage, especially when sharing a Tony Awards-produced panel discussion with stars who have been in the show since day 1. So when Tade answered questions and talked about his experiences with the level of enthusiasm he did, we just KNEW he was going to be a fun Billy to watch in the show!

And on Sunday afternoon at The Imperial, he met and exceeded those guesses! As Atreyu mentioned, Tade's comfort level in the role is incredible! He just has complete control over everything that's going on and he IS Billy Elliot. Now that's a phrase we use all the time here, but in Tade's case, the real deal has walked in and wowed us when we least expected it. I could go on and on here, but you'll have to watch for my complete review of Tade's performance in the June reviews section, which I hope to have posted ASAP this week or next.

In the mean time, friends, go see Tade! And if you know people who haven't seen the show since the original Billys were in or who only followed one or two of the boys' careers, tell them to get their butts back to The Imperial--"full stop"! The third round of Broadway Billys is well worth seeing, and you MUST see Tade Biesinger!!! :D

Warm wishes,
Sean/angelenroute

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

You liked him then Sean? :D :D ;)
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”