Tade Biesinger - Billy: Broadway, London and Muny

KeefyM
Michael

Re: Tade Biesinger - Billy: Broadway and London

Post by KeefyM »

CJ-Rochester wrote:
KeefyM wrote:Good Luck and Best Wishes to Tade who is playing Michael in the matinee today - confirmed by a few friends who are at the show this afternoon and his name is on the performance board as Michael along with Redmand as Billy.

That should be a fun show! :D

It certainly should Chris and I'm disappointed I'm not at the VPT to see it.

Here is the Performance Board confirming Tade as Michael

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5523/7gjr.jpg
(photograph courtesy AGT)
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for Tade!!! I'm sure it was great fun!!! :D

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
jacob
Ballet Girl

Post by jacob »

Tade's performance as Michael last Saturday matinee deserves special praise. I have seen a number of Billys play Michael but none have have performed with such a lyrical style as Tade. He had obviously given the role considerable thought and I would think that he and Redmand had done some vigorous rehearsing. :D Tade added his own distinctive touches with mwah, mwah, air kisses in Express and some special ;) hand gestures when he and Michael met up after the RBS audition.

I was particularly struck by the happiness of Tade's Michael as if he felt a great sense of release in confiding his feelings to Billy. The exception to this sense of happiness lay in his final 'see you Billy' as he sat motionless on his bike with the curtain slowly, slowly descending to the stage floor. Michael would never see Billy again.

This was a veritable tour de force from Tade. This Michael had taught Billy to 'always be yourself' and in doing so he had lost his best friend.

I am sure Tade will remember playing Michael long after he has left BETM......................as will I.

Thank you.
'Are we human or are we dancers?' The Killers

Finish
tzwicky
George

It's Michael's show to lose .....

Post by tzwicky »

BETM has always been Michael's show to lose in the final moments of the regular show (before the finale).

With Michael sitting alone center stage on that little bike missing Billy and being happy for Billy and not knowing what all these feelings are about, makes this scene the moment where a really involved, in-the-moment Michael can totally steal a show.

While all the newbies are watching Billy walk up the aisle, and Billy fans are watching that action transpire for its own highlights, I think one of the most important moments of the whole show rests on Michael's shoulders if he can rise to the scene and grab it by the throat.

Michael has the ability, in that scene, to just unload emotion and feelings and stagecraft and "murderlize" the audience if they're paying attention. Billy's return on stage to Michael and their moment of friendship is the explosive core of the story on one very important level. (opinions may vary)

I've seen Michaels do the scene justice and I've seen others do it so good I nearly faint dead away. I really appreciate the Michaels who stay put till the curtain contacts the floor, allowing the moments in that cataclysmic scene just a few more seconds to wash pure joy over audience members in the know.

From the reviews I've read here and abouts, and from my own limited observation of Tade in videos, he has a very open and expressive take on Billy and therefore, IMHO, would have every bit as much a chance to stamp the role of Michael with his awesome talent. In just about any role in this show, I am sure I would enjoy his stage presence and elegant movement and I just hope to see him sometime in the near future.

And that's another little secret to mowing through a 10-show Billython. Find the ultimate moments. The spectacular moments. Even if they occur in the last seconds of the show.

tzwicky
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

Have a great show tonight Tade, sorry I couldn't be there to say goodbye. Thanks for coming to London to share your great take on Billy (& Michael :-)) & best of luck for the future.
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Yorkie wrote:Have a great show tonight Tade, sorry I couldn't be there to say goodbye. Thanks for coming to London to share your great take on Billy (& Michael :-)) & best of luck for the future.
Sounds like Yorkie knows something that we don't know. . . or was there an announcement that I missed about tonight being Tade's final performance ?
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Todd wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Have a great show tonight Tade, sorry I couldn't be there to say goodbye. Thanks for coming to London to share your great take on Billy (& Michael :-)) & best of luck for the future.
Sounds like Yorkie knows something that we don't know. Was there an announcement that I missed about tonight being Tade's final performance ?
Surely this needs confirmation?
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

kport wrote:
Todd wrote:
Sounds like Yorkie knows something that we don't know. Was there an announcement that I missed about tonight being Tade's final performance ?
Surely this needs confirmation?
I found this on the 'Tracking Billy Elliot' page - I will repost it here:

Billy - Tade Biesinger (his last performance)
Michael - Zach Atkinson
Debbie - Demi Lee
Small Boy - Joe Reynolds
Tall Boy - Cyrus Ambrose
Susan Parks - Natalia Bedoya

Mrs Wilkinson - Helen French

MD - Mark Collins

David Massey did a speech...[/quote]

Best wishes Tade - you have been a credit to BETM in the US and in London! I hope you enjoy high school!
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

It was confirmed on Tade's Facebook fan page by Keith & later on the official Billy Elliot Twitter account. Tade's on his way home.

The speculation has been around for a while with 5 London Billys on the books- I wonder if Elliott being out of action the last few weeks delayed Tade's departure?
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Yorkie wrote:It was confirmed on Tade's Facebook fan page by Keith & later on the official Billy Elliot Twitter account. Tade's on his way home.

The speculation has been around for a while with 5 London Billys on the books- I wonder if Elliott being out of action the last few weeks delayed Tade's departure?
That is possible. Schools in his home town recommenced on August 26th.

I wonder, with the end of the International Tour, that ends the contribution of North American Billys in London. It seems that every one of them was accepted, and rose and exceeded all expectations. In a funny sort of way, then, the end of the International Tour has affected the Mother Ship in London.

Unless........................

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”