Hotels & Dining - Toronto

Questions about tickets, seating and accessibility
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Hotels & Dining - Toronto

Post by Billy Whiz »

We don't seem to have a thread for this so I thought it was about time we did.

If anybody has any recommendations for hotels and/or restaurants then please post them here. The links would be appreciated as well if possible.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hotels & Dining - Toronto

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the recommendations. I will be in Toronto at the very end of June, and I already have my reservation at the Bond Place Hotel, but had no idea about eating places, so this is helpful. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

The big advantage of the Bond Place is the location, just a block from the theatre. Be aware they do not have free internet (in case you want to post your review right after the show).

I have stayed at both the Courtyard Marriott and Econo Lodge. Both are about a 10 minute walk from the theatre, still pretty close, and both have free internet.

The theatre is in a very busy part of town. Just like Times Square in NY, there are places to eat everywhere you look. I enjoyed The Pickle Barrel. The service was nice there. On a previous trip I ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, which is around the corner from the theatre. They are always mobbed at dinner hour. If you can get an early dinner it's a nice place.
-Chris
:/
booth088
Tall Boy

Post by booth088 »

I will just reiterate what I have heard from everyone, don't stay at the downtowner INN. Fromm trip advisor.com:

“Stay away from this hotel”
“One word: Disgusting”
“STOP PLACES LIKE THIS FROM OPERATING!”
“What a dump. Its a hostel pretending to be a hotel. Horrible.”
“Hell on Earth”

and my favorite of all (yes the user actually used all caps):
"DO NOT STAY HERE. DON'T DO IT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD."
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

If I may, and if you have not confirmed up plans elsewhere, upon my recent trip to the Canon for four shows a couple weeks ago, I was booked into the Pantages Hotel Toronto Center which, in fact, is almost right next door to the theater [The Canon use to be called the Pantages before its name change]. Out the theater entrance, turn right, and there you are. The shuttle from the airport drops you off by the Bond which is a couple blocks away [to your left] around the corner on Dundas St.
I received wonderful service at the Pantages, the room was large, elegant, and the bath room was superior.
Any way, just a thought...! I shall be returning there for another four shows of the musical probably the weekend prior to their announced closing [unless they decide to extend sometime along the line].
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

There's a reason that the room is large and elegant and the bathroom superior. ;)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

booth088 wrote:I will just reiterate what I have heard from everyone, don't stay at the downtowner INN. Fromm trip advisor.com:

“Stay away from this hotel”
“One word: Disgusting”
“STOP PLACES LIKE THIS FROM OPERATING!”
“What a dump. Its a hostel pretending to be a hotel. Horrible.”
“Hell on Earth”

and my favorite of all (yes the user actually used all caps):
"DO NOT STAY HERE. DON'T DO IT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD."
Phew! That was a close call as I've been looking at this place.

Thanks for posting that :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
cws8998
Ballet Girl

Post by cws8998 »

Indeed, you get what you're willing to pay for...personally, I prefer orchestra front rather than mezzanine, as well. Sorry about that....!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

cws8998 wrote:Indeed, you get what you're willing to pay for...personally, I prefer orchestra front rather than mezzanine, as well. Sorry about that....!
No need to apologise ;)

If I could afford it I would probably stay there as well.

I also prefer orchestra front. Thankfully in London these are the cheapest seats :D

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks for all the tips and advice regarding accommodation.

I am now booked into the Bond Place from June 27th until July 2nd :D :D :D

If anybody else is going to be around at that time then drop me a line as it would be great to meet up and have a chat - and maybe a bite to eat.

Return to “Ticketing & Theatre information - Toronto”