Hotels & Dining - New York

Questions about tickets, seating and accessibility
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Hotels & Dining - New York

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Billy Whiz wrote:I am going to be in NY in July and I need a reasonably priced hotel near Times Square for a few days.

I've been looking at the Hotel Carter which seems a bargain. Has anybody ever stayed there or heard any comments about it?
I will be staying at the Da Vinci hotel that weekend. The rate I got was $128/night plus taxes. It is on 56th street between 7th and 8th avenues, 10 short blocks from the Imperial. I stayed there once last year, and a friend has stayed there a couple times. It is a small European–style boutique hotel, but very adequate. A continental breakfast is included, although it's nothing too great. My only real complaint is their wi-fi service is pretty spotty.
http://www.davincihotel.com/
:/
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Billy Whiz wrote:I am going to be in NY in July and I need a reasonably priced hotel near Times Square for a few days.
You've given up on RCA?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The RCA (Radio City Apartments) is a really good deal if you can book 4 people into a 2 bedroom suite and split the cost. Otherwise, it isn't a particularly good deal. But it is in an excellent location.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I'm Billy No Mates for this New York trip so cannot afford the RCA :(
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I saw the Hotel Pennsylvania, across from Madison Square Garden, on Hotwire for your dates for $113 per night.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
booth088
Tall Boy

Post by booth088 »

Billy Whiz wrote:I'm Billy No Mates for this New York trip so cannot afford the RCA :(
My suggestion would be the Wellington on 7th and 54th (Manhattan). Although there is always the option of staying in Jersey and taking the bus to the city. Those are two fairly economical options. And of course Queens and the Bronx are more economical than Manhattan.
andrewcraig
Tony

Post by andrewcraig »

I've been looking at the Hotel Carter which seems a bargain. Has anybody ever stayed there or heard any comments about it?
I can say the Carter is a hotel in name only. Wont go into detail but it seems to turn over the rooms more than once a day.
I arrived early evening , with others I had to wait for over an hour after check in, and then the room was still occupied eg handbag on the unmade bed.

The porter "made" the bed as housekeeping finishes at 5, I was told.

The rooms have no wardrobe or hooks to hang clothes.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks for the warning andrewcraig.

I've never stayed in an hotel where the room is let by the hour - and I don't intend to start now.

I can cross the "Hotel" Carter off the list.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Mike
Ballet Girl

Post by Mike »

David i have stayed at Hotels near Newark airport that have free shuttle service to the airport where u can catch the train into Penn Station. You can prob find a hotel and pay the round trip train fare for around $100 - $120 per day. The train fare i think is around $11 ea way or $8 for seniors. It takes maybe 30 mins to get into town.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks Mike. I'm actually booked into the Hilton Newark Airport for 2 nights when I am in NY for a couple of days before moving on the Toronto.

I think I am now sorted for the rest of my stay.

Thanking everybody for your advice. It was all much appreciated.

Return to “Ticketing & Theatre information - Broadway”