London Olympic Games 2012

Born to Boogie
Tall Boy

London Olympic Games 2012

Post by Born to Boogie »

I don't think one already exists so I thought I'd start a thread where people could post whether they had been successful in the ticket ballot, which events they have been successful in booking tickets for or maybe to talk about plans to visit London for the Games next Summer.

PS - remember that tickets for the Games may only be bought and sold through official ticket sources and as such this thread must not be used in order to attempt to either buy or sell tickets to Olympic events.
jen
Miner

Re: London Olympic Games 2012

Post by jen »

Well I was unlucky didn't get anything. Volunteered didn't hear anything. Will try again in the next ballot.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
Born to Boogie
Tall Boy

Post by Born to Boogie »

jen wrote:Well I was unlucky didn't get anything. Volunteered didn't hear anything. Will try again in the next ballot.
Sorry to hear that. I have a friend who was accepted as a volunteer and I apparently have £120 worth of tickets on their way (but obviously don't know for which events yet). I applied for a combination of good seats at the opening ceremony and for one diving, swimming and athletics event each. From the money they have taken I know I haven't got opening ceremony tickets but should have two others (either 2 for one event or a couple of single tickets). I might try to get something less mainstream in the second ballot as well. I quite fancy seeing something at the white water centre at Lee Valley. I hadn't thought of it when I applied for tickets but saw a piece on TV recently - and it's the nearest venue to my home. Tickets or no tickets I suspect there will be plenty of fun to be had during the games. A picnic and a few drinks with friends watching on one of the big screens in London will easily be a great way to spend an afternoon next summer.

I'd be interested to gauge what people's reaction is to the prospect of The 2012 Olympic Games from forum members in different parts of the country and from those in other countries.
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

You can go and look at the White water centre any time it is worth a trip like you it is very near home. I just applied for a range of £20 tickets early rounds of athletics and swimming plus the opening and closing ceremony. My local borough is asking for volunteers so will apply there as well.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Born to Boogie wrote:I'd be interested to gauge what people's reaction is to the prospect of The 2012 Olympic Games from forum members in different parts of the country and from those in other countries.
Although I've always been sportsmad (both playing and spectating) I cannot work up any enthusiasm for the Games since all the cheating was found out none more so than in the case of a certain swimmer from my own country in the 1996 tournament. One exception, though, I'd never miss a race when the great but now retired Sonia O'Sullivan was involved.

Pat
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

I will watch the athletics on TV, but am not in the slightest bit bothered about going to watch anything live.

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”