Hi from Paul

A place for new members to introduce themselves
paul30003
Ballet Girl

Hi from Paul

Post by paul30003 »

Hi, as you can see from my sig, i'm pretty new to Billy Elliot.

Although I see the movie when first released, I was not even aware of a musical untill about a year ago, and never realy gave it a thought.

I run a completely unrelated forum, and was introduced to it by members on there. It was when I was on a concert tour in Canada with some other members that I see my first show in Toronto, JP Vernes was playing Billy. I found the show outstanding and was Wow'd by the incredible skills of the cast.

My second show, was back here in London with Ryan Collinson playing Billy. He is an amazing talent and his street version of electricity won a standing ovation from all.

Since these two shows, I am absolutely hooked on it, and my next show is in a couple of days in London 4th July, when ill be seated on B6 which seems to be a good place, although slightly restricted as you can't see there feet at time, but this is a small price to pay for being right up front and within spitting distance of the cast. :lol: I hope to be seeing Dean Charles Chapman.

I'm quite close to the show in London, so I expect to tally many shows quickly and post my experiences.

Now I'm going to have to catch up on some post on here ;)

Thanks

Paul
“The dance is over, the applause subsided

but the joy and feeling will stay with you forever.”

W. M. Tory
Yorkie
Miner

Re: Hi from Paul

Post by Yorkie »

And your first London show was from B15 as well :shock: Welcome to the forum Paul and be warned, this show can take over your life :D
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
paul30003
Ballet Girl

Post by paul30003 »

Yorkie wrote:And your first London show was from B15 as well :shock: Welcome to the forum Paul and be warned, this show can take over your life :D
I think it has ;)

W. M. Tory
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

paul30003 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:And your first London show was from B15 as well :shock: Welcome to the forum Paul and be warned, this show can take over your life :D
I think it has ;)

Mine too. Booked into VPT for tomorrow and Friday 8 July with the possibility of another one in between. Now coming up to about 20 visits to see the show. ''I can't really explain it......''

dancingboy
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

Welcome to the forum, Paul! :D

Rich
paul30003
Ballet Girl

Post by paul30003 »

dancingboy wrote:
paul30003 wrote:
I think it has ;)

Mine too. Booked into VPT for tomorrow and Friday 8 July with the possibility of another one in between. Now coming up to about 20 visits to see the show. ''I can't really explain it......''

dancingboy
:lol: agree

I can't realy explain it, I haven't got the words :lol:

Well i've got 2 shows booked in this month, and i'm sure ill be doing at least one but maybe more shows a month. I'm determined to see all 3 Billy's

W. M. Tory
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Hi paul0003 and I extend my welcome to the Forum as well. I hope your time here is enjoyable and your posts many and often. And please -- when you do attend the London production -- post the performers info in the London tracking thread.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum Paul. I hope you will enjoy it here. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

Welcome Paul! Yes, it is quite addicting. Good thing you live close by or you'd be going through severe withdrawal like me. And believe me, the symptoms are severe.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

Welcome Paul. Lucky you to be close to the London Show - Australia certanly can't place me any further away although we were blessed with 2 productions down here and who knows - maybe it will come back on tour???

Have a great time on the forum it is a nice place to be
Cheers

Brad

Return to “New Members”